Swiss travel card Interlaken Ost to Milan?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 October 2015 at 13:34:59 #808074

Hi

From interlaken ost to milan train, will I get any discount if I have swiss travel pass?

My itinenary in swiss as follow, do you recommend swiss travel pass?

Day 1: Zurich

Day 2: Lucerne

Day 3: Lucerne (going mount rigi

Day 4: Interlaken (going mount pilatus)

Day 5: Interlaken (going jungfraujoch)

Day 6: Interlaken (going murren)

Day 7: travel to milan from interlaken

Thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    28 October 2015 at 15:29:31 #846748

Hello ngzijian, welcome to MySwissAlps!

The Swiss portion of the trip (Interlaken Ost to Domodossola) is free with a Swiss Travel Pass. So you need a ticket from Domodossola to Milan: myswissalps.com/ traintickets/italy.

An 8-day Swiss Travel Pass is definitely more convenient, but a Swiss Half Fare Card might work out cheaper. You’d have to do the math to be 100% sure about that. You can find help here.

Note that Mount Pilatus is best visited from Lucerne, not from Interlaken.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 November 2015 at 18:42:12 #846749

Hi I’m planning to make a trip in May 2016. Need some advise on whether I should get a Swiss pass or half card or a BO pass. My itineary is as follows; I’m planning to spend 4 days in Switzerland

1. Travelling from Paris to Zurich understand that I can buy a ticket to Basel and the that the Basel to Zurich part would be covered under Swiss pass.

2. From Zurich I’m planning to either travel straight to Lucerne/ Interlaken so is that covered under Swiss pass? Which would u advise me to stay Interlaken as the base or Lucerne? I’m planning to visit the BO region.

3. I want to take the golden express train from Lucerne to Interlaken Planning to go to grindewald as well and jungfrau and maybe schillitorn. So not sure about whether I should get the BO pass? Or is the Swiss pass sufficient.

4. Should I also spend a night in lauterbrunnen?

5. From Switzerland planning to head to Milan so should I take the bernina express train or should I take the train to spiez and then to domodosola and straight to Milan? Does the Swiss pass cover the journey?

thanks.

Arno
    15484 posts
    2 November 2015 at 6:28:42 #846750

Hi Prisca, and welcome to MySwissAlps. This is ngzijian’s thread. Can you please open a new thread for your questions? (see our forum rules). Note that the pass is called Swiss Travel Pass. The Swiss Pass has been discontinued.

Thanks!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 November 2015 at 7:53:31 #846751

Hi Arno have done so and started a new thread apologies, thanks.

• The thread ‘Swiss travel card Interlaken Ost to Milan?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.