Swiss Travel Guidance needed

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 May 2015 at 20:46:52 #807164

Hi,

We are 4 people and planning to visit Switzerland for the first time.

Here is our itinerary, please share your expert advise:-3 Nights / 4 Days

Day 1: Zurich to Lucerne Direct Train to Lucerne and Overnight in Lucerne..Note: Will be flying in from Amsterdam to Zurich (Arriving: 8,25 local time)..Plan to do some local sightseeing in Lucerne along with Mount Rigi

Day 2: Lucerne – Interlaken via Golden Pass- Overnight at Interlaken..Do local sight seeing in Interlaken

Day 3: Interlaken -Jungfrau Overnight at Interlaken..Spend entire day in Jungfrau

Day 4: Interlaken – Zurich via Train ..Do local sight seeing in Zurich by 7.00 PM for flight to Amsterdam at 20.55

I have few questions on mind:

1) Should i stay overnight in Zurich for my first night ?

2)Which travel pass should we buy for 4?Is there a group pass for 4

3) Since i will be traveling to Jungfrau and take golden pass, Which travel pass I should take?

4) Where do I take the swiss pass and golden pass- do i need to reserve any seats for golden pass?

5)What are the best places to visit in Lucerne,Zurich and Interlaken ..Having no interests in museums and planning to see only scenic beauty

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    2 May 2015 at 6:42:08 #842831

Hi Lily180884,

1) No, your plan to go to Lucerne is fine. That fits your wish to see scenic beauty better.

2/3) There is no group pass. You can buy a Swiss Half Fare Card or Swiss Travel Pass for each adult. The links provide all details (what’s included, where to buy).

4) You don’t need seat reservations, please see here and here.

5) For scenic beauty I recommend to focus on the regions around the towns, not the towns itself. Skip Zurich during this short stay and go straight for Mount Rigi; that’s where you’ll find scenic beauty. Don’t focus on Interlaken either, as there’s not much to see in town. Rather take a train into the beautiful Jungfrau region (as you’ve planned when going to Jungfraujoch).

Tips for what to do can be found here:

I noticed you’re from The Netherlands, so please feel free to post in the Dutch forum.

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Guidance needed’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.