Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 January 2015 at 2:54:54 #806824

Hi there

1) I’m going to Switzerland in Jun from Milan. I’ll start using Swiss pass on 10 Jun 2014 at 11am until 13 Jun 2014 11am. Shall I buy 3 day pass or 4 day pass? Thank you

2) I ll travel from Milan to Interlaken on 10 Jun 2014, where’s the best place to by Swiss Pass?

3) If I travel from Interlaken to Zurich and continue my journey to Zurich Airport, is the travelling by train included in Swiss Pass?

4) There are four of us, shall I buy 4 pass in bundle? is there any discount for the bundle pass?

Thank you

Best Regards

Ai Ai

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15482 posts
    22 January 2015 at 18:12:33 #841588

Hi Ai Ai,

Thanks for your post. Please find my answers below:

1) You need a 4 day Swiss Travel Pass. Unless there’s a day in between with no traveling; in that case you can use a 3-day Swiss Travel Pass Flex.

2) Online is the best place to buy, in your case via raileurope.com.sg/pass /swiss-pass. Their prices are a lot lower than when purchased locally in Switzerland. Your pass can be validated by the ticket controller of the train from Italy to Switzerland. The pass is valid from Domodossola onwards, so you need a ticket from Milan to Domodossola, which can be purchased along with the pass here.

3) Sure, all trains are included. You can download the map to see details.

4) There is no group discount, but there are other discounts. Please see the Discounts section of the Swiss Travel Pass page.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 January 2015 at 4:04:19 #841589

Hi there, thank you for your reply. I tried to check with the price via raileurope.com.sg/pass/swiss-pass, and it’s euro 171 per person, so I don’t really understand how to get the lower price than purchase locally in Switzerland. From Swiss Pass webpages, I found the price is the same Euro 171. Thanks

Arno
    15482 posts
    23 January 2015 at 5:22:10 #841590

Hi Ai Ai,

A 3-day Swiss Travel Pass costs 210 Swiss francs (CHF) in Switzerland. You need to pay in Swiss francs there, unless you choose another currency, but still you would pay based on the exchange rate of the day. Currently, CHF 210 equals EUR 212.70. I’m not sure which Swiss webpages you are referring to, but prices in EUR are usually marked as non-binding there. The exchange rate will determine your actual spendings.

If you purchase through raileurope.com.sg/pass /swiss-pass, you would only pay SGD 282 (= EUR 185.91). If you purchase through raileurope-world.com/pass/swiss-pass, the price is EUR 171. Plus, there’s the additional discount (point 4 in my previous post).

By the way, as you travel from Milan, the first Swiss station where you could buy the pass is Brig, so you would not get free traveling from Domodossola to Milan.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 January 2015 at 6:45:20 #841591

Hi there, thank you for your reply 🙂 You gave me a clear explanation.

Other than that, may I know is that possible to have walk from First to Bachalpsee on 10 June because I was told that it’s more suitable to walk there in the end of June due to the snow. Thank you

Arno
    15482 posts
    24 January 2015 at 18:52:15 #841592

Hello Ai Ai,

The trail may or may not be clear of snow. It’s probably fine, but the lake is at an altitude of 2200 m so you can’t be sure until a few days before. I just answered a similar question here.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 January 2015 at 14:37:51 #841593

Hi there, thank you for your reply

I would like to travel from Interlaken OST to Jungfrau. With swiss travel pass, I can get 25% discount for the uphill journey from Kleine Scheidegg to Jungfrau. However, from Interlaken OST to Jungfrau, do I need to buy any ticket although I have Swiss Pass? If Yes, how much do I need to pay for the ticket fees? Thank you

Best Regards,

Ai Ai

Arno
    15482 posts
    26 January 2015 at 6:23:33 #841594

Hi,

The Swiss Travel Pass includes free traveling as far as Wengen and Grindelwald. You don’t need tickets for that section. You need a ticket for the section from there to Jungfraujoch. You’ll get a 25% discount on the regular price of CHF 177. You can get the ticket in Interlaken or at any other station.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 January 2015 at 11:05:29 #841595

Hi there, if I travel in this way:-
    Interlaken Ost –> Grindelwald –> Kleine Scheidegg –> Jungfrau –> Kleine Scheidegg –> Wengen 累 –> Lauterbrunnen –> Interlaken Ost

Do I need any extra train ticket if I have Swiss Travel Pass and the ticket to Jungfrau? Thank you

Best Regards,

Ai Ai

Annika
    7116 posts
    26 January 2015 at 13:55:42 #841596

Hello Ai Ai,

No, that is all you need.

Kind regards,

Annika

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 January 2015 at 15:39:03 #841597

Hi there, thank you for your reply.

I know the trip would really depend on the weather and time, so I would like to know the operating hour of train and ship so that I can rearrange the plan well. Thank you.

Day 1 10 Jun : Travel to Interlaken from Milan, most probably arrive there in the afternoon, plan to go Bachalpsee from First (but I’m not really sure about the time of the last cable car and train to come back to Interlaken ) or go to Lake Brienz by ship and come back by train (may I know the last ship and train available)

Day 2 11 Jun: Jungfrau Trip (May I know the operating hour, thanks!) and plan to spend some hours in Grindelwald (May I know the last train available?)

Day 3 12 Jun: Go to Lucerne by Golden Pass (May I know the operating hour for Golden Pass) . Can you give some suggestion what to do in Lucerne and Zurich, because I’m not to stay in Lucerne or Zurich, really depend on the activities itself.

Day4 13 Jun: Go To Zurich airport at 3.20pm

Thank you so much

Best Regards,

Ai Ai

Arno
    15482 posts
    28 January 2015 at 6:45:43 #841598

Hi Ai Ai,

All public transport times can be found in the timetable. Many of our attraction pages also have links to timetables.

Suggestions for activities in Zurich and Lucerne can be found here:

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 February 2015 at 13:17:28 #841599

Hi there, may I know how much I have to pay for Golden Pass if I wanna buy Half fare travel card? Thanks

Best Regards

Ai Ai

Annika
    7116 posts
    7 February 2015 at 15:50:05 #841600

Hello Ai Ai,

Standard prices are in the timetable Arno linked to. You pay half of those prices if you have Swiss Half Fare Cards. For example, the standard price for a single trip from Interlaken Ost to Montreux is CHF 52. A return ticket is double that amount. With the Swiss Half Fare Card, you pay half of those amounts.

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.