Do I need a Swiss Travel Pass for 3 or 4 days?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 July 2016 at 17:12:18 #809661

Dear All

I am planning to land in Basel on July 21 in the evening. I am thinking of buying the Swiss Travel Pass for 3/4 days consecutive travel from July 22-25 .I leave in the evening of July 25 from Basel

DO I buy a 3 day consecutive pass or a 4 day consecutive Pass ? What is the validity of the Swiss Travel Pass ? I mean if i buy it from July 22-will it be valid until JUly 23 (1 day ) or upto midnight on July 22 ( 1 day )

Can somebody clarify this

Kind Regards

Billa

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    12 July 2016 at 17:38:05 #854030

Hi Billa,

If you’ll be traveling from July 22 to July 25, a 4 day Swiss Travel Pass makes sense. The validity period is measured in dates, but the night following the last validity day is still included. So a pass starting at July 22 will be valid as long as 5 am on July 26. It’s explained here.

Since you’ll be landing at Basel in the evening, I recommend you buy your pass online in advance, preventing you from having to spend time on pass purchase at the airport after landing. Desks may even be closed by the time you land, depending on the exact time of arrival. Retailers for online purchases are listed here. Don’t wait too long, as both regular paper tickets as well as online print at home passes take a couple of days to process/ship. You could look into either http://www.acprail.com /rail-passes/swiss-pass (paper tickets, free shipping within 1-2 business days) or http://www.swissrailwa ys.com/en (print at home passes that will be e-mailed within 3 business days).

• The thread ‘Do I need a Swiss Travel Pass for 3 or 4 days?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.