Online Swiss Travel Pass still needs validation?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 February 2017 at 3:45:25 #810763

Hi, if I purchase the passes online & printed at home, can it be used on my entire trip? Or do I still need to get them validate upon arrival?

Thanks

Ann

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    9 February 2017 at 8:25:00 #858797

Hi Ann, thanks for joining us!

You can print the passes at home and you do not need to validate them. You can board the trains with your printout. Please visit http://www.swissrailways.com/ en and select the pass and number of passengers. After filling out your address, they will show the delivery options. Pick “Online Ticket” from the bottom of the list. They will e-mail the pass within 1-3 business days, so you can print it at home.

More purchase options are listed here.

• The thread ‘Online Swiss Travel Pass still needs validation?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.