Swiss Travel Pass to travel from Milan & to Paris

• Prasun09
    Participant
    65 posts
    8 November 2015 at 16:01:24 #808107

Hi

I have a 3 day Swiss travel pass. I’m coming from milan to zermatt. Are trains to zermatt covered in Swiss travel pass. I’m told by my travel agent that I have to purchase one extra ticket from milan centrale to brig or domodossola . From there I can take any train to zermatt which will be covered under Swiss pass.

Similarly I’m traveling to paris from zermatt. Where I’m told that I can travel upto Basel with my Swiss pass and then from Basel I need to purchase extra ticket to board a tgv to paris.

is it true??? Pls confirm. Can I board on any train from domodossola or brig???

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    8 November 2015 at 16:14:46 #846909

Hi Prasun09,

Your agent is correct. Your Swiss Travel Pass is valid to/from Domodossola and Basel (see here for details about what’s covered). You need tickets for the legs that are not covered. There’s no need to get off the train in Domodossola, because your ticket and pass cover the whole ride.

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass to travel from Milan & to Paris’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.