Swiss rail pass for 15 days with guided tours?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 August 2017 at 4:33:41 #812997

My husband and I are having our first Swiss trip this October, start with 3 nights at Luzern (joining ‘Golden Round Trip Day Tour and Mt Titlis Half Day Tour); then 3 nights at Interlaken (visiting Brig, Bern, Murren & Schilthron); then 3 nights at Montreux (visiting Chillon Castle Day, and taking Golden Pass Line to Zweisimmen); 2 nights at Basel (watching ATP Men’s final at Swiss Indoors, so excited !); last 4 nights at Zurich (joining Jungfraujoch Tour and Rhine Falls Tour). Would you give me some travel advices/pass that suits our itinerary ? not sure to get a 15- day for the whole period ? or 8- day as the tours cover train/cable/ferry rides. Many thanks,

CH

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 August 2017 at 14:45:00 #868536

Hi FPPSPP and welcome to MySwissAlps!

It would be best to read through our page on how to choose the best rail pass first. It will help you to do the math and compare the various rail passes. You will need to plan out the trips you intend to make without a tour first.

I think though that the Swiss Half Fare Card may be your best option. It is valid for a month and gets you 50% off all the trips you make in Switzerland. Or look at the 8 day Swiss Travel Pass Flex where you can choose which 8 days it is valid for during your 15 day trip.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 August 2017 at 6:37:07 #868537

Hi Lucas,

Thanks very much for your recommendation, I would certain consider getting the Swiss Half Fare Card. We really appreciate the time you took to think about it and find it to be very helpful.

• The thread ‘Swiss rail pass for 15 days with guided tours?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.