Swiss Travel Pass – do I still need tickets?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 March 2016 at 5:49:50 #808511

Hi there, I intended to purchase a 4-day travel pass during my visit. I have a few questions looking for your kind assistance to answer:

1) Do I just print the pass and hop on to the train anytime or I still need to get a ticket at the station?

2) I saw from Point to Point, there are many trains available (eg. IR, EC, etc), I can hop on to any with the pass?

Many thanks !!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    1 March 2016 at 6:16:27 #848890

Hi mushyjin,

Thanks for posting here. As for your questions:

1. Yes, you simply print the pass and hop on the train. You do not need tickets. You can print the pass by going to http://www.swissrailways.com/ en and selecting “Online Ticket” when asked for your delivery preference. The only time you need tickets is on discounted cable cars. Everything included in the pass can be found here.
    2. The train type does not matter. You can hop on any train. The only exception are the Glacier Express and Bernina Express which require a seat reservation. Apart from the reservation they’re free with the Swiss Travel Pass too, so again no ticket required for the trip itself.

Enjoy your travels!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 March 2016 at 6:28:02 #848891

Thanks a lot for your reply Arno. I will now proceed to purchase my pass!! Have a good day ahead 🙂

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass – do I still need tickets?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.