Separate Swiss Travel Passes for each traveler

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 June 2016 at 15:48:18 #809382

We’re traveling from the United States and would like to get three day travel rail passes. Would it be more beneficial to order ahead of time or book at the train station (will be leaving from Geneva airport) also if we book online it says one order even if there are multiple people. We just need to make sure that everyone will have their own separate ticket as we will be riding diferent trains throughout the country. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    7 June 2016 at 16:04:45 #852738

Hi elizac, thanks for your first post here!

Buying online is the time saving way to get your passes. It prevents you from waiting at a ticketing office. The pass can be printed at home so you can board your first train immediately upon arrival. All options are listed here.

Basically Swiss Travel Passes are for individuals, not groups, so you should get separate passes no matter where you order. But here’s a way to be absolutely sure about that: visit http://www.swissrailways.com/ en. Enter the number of travelers and other details, and tick the “Individual traveler” box for all passengers. After filling out your address, they will show the delivery options. Pick “Online Ticket” from the bottom of the list. They will e-mail the passes within 2-3 business days (no delivery fees), so you can print them at home. It will be one order, but separate passes.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 June 2016 at 16:21:05 #852739

Thanks Arno! I want to make sure it is the 3 days throughout the month though, not consequetive and I don’t see this option on here. How can I find that?

Arno
    15484 posts
    7 June 2016 at 17:46:32 #852740

Hi elizac,

That’s the Swiss Travel Pass Flex. You can’t print that one at home yet. The website I mentioned is selling that as well (scroll down). Here’s the direct link: http://www.swissrailways.com/ en/node/95. As it needs to be physically shipped you may want to check the other purchase options as well to see if that works out cheaper for you: myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpassflex/ price.

• The thread ‘Separate Swiss Travel Passes for each traveler’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.