Swiss Travel Pass – email or snail mail?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 July 2015 at 18:42:13 #807615

We are visiting Switzerland the end of September. We are going to take advantage of the current deal on the 1st Class 15 day pass. We have plenty of time to receive the passes. Is there any difference/advantage to the mailed passes over the e-passes?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    24 July 2015 at 11:07:51 #844676

Hi brimsco,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! In case of the mailed passes you should receive a pass that can be validated within 6 months after purchase (although they still ask for your first travel date while buying). So you can still choose when you start using the pass. The e-passes have the first travel date printed on them. So, that’s a small difference, but not relevant if you already know the day you will start using the pass. You can have a look at http://www.raileurope.com/rai l-tickets-passes/swiss-pass/index.html for further details.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 July 2015 at 11:56:26 #844677

hi Arno,

Im travelling in august to switzerland for 7 days(myself +2 children). i have booked my swiss pass online with fixed dates n taken a printout also.Could you please tell me if i need to submit the printout at the rail counter and take a card.Basically i dont know how to go about it.I am staying at interlaken- wilderswil for 4 nights and 3 nights at lausanne .i want to cover maximum places that i can and use the swiss pass to the maximum.Also please advice kidv friendly things to do in switzerland?

Arno
    15471 posts
    24 July 2015 at 12:41:22 #844678

Hi zohra11, welcome to MySwissAlps,

Can you please open a new thread for your questions? Thanks!

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass – email or snail mail?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.