Swiss Travel Pass Flex - 8 or 15 days?

Swiss Travel Pass Flex - 8 or 15 days?

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Peiyan
Peiyan
2 posts
Mar 15, 2016 - 8:59 AM

Hi

Base on my itineraries, how many days of Swiss Travel Pass Flex should I purchase ?

Day 1 - Arrived at Zurich. Intend to take train from Zurich Flughafen to Lugano, Stazione

Day 2 & Day 3 - Exploring places around Lugano

Day 4 - Lugano, Stazione to Lucern

Day 5 - Either exploring places around Lucern / or wish to go to Basel

Day 6 - Lucern t0 Zermatt

Day 7 & Day 8 - Exploring places around Zermatt i.e. Matterhorn Glacier Paradise

Day 9 - Zermatt to Geneva, then via bus to Annecy, France

Day 10 - Day 12 - Will be in Annecy, France

Day 13 - Annecy, France to Geneva via bus, then from Geneva to Zurich

Day 14 - Zurich to Appenzell

Day 15 & Day 16- Exploring Appenzell

Day 17 - Appenzell to Zurich

Day 18 - Zurich Hbf to Zurich Flughafen

Kindly assist. Thanks.

Regards

Arno
Arno
7713 posts
expert &
Mar 15, 2016 - 9:20 AM

Hi Peiyan, welcome to MySwissAlps!

I would say that 8 free travel days would work: day 1, 4, 5, 6, 9, 13, 14 and 17. If you buy an 8-day Swiss Travel Pass Flex Combi, you will get a 50% discount on tickets you need on the remaining days in Switzerland: day 2, 3, 7, 8, 15 and 16. On day 18 you simply buy a local ticket, or a ZurichCARD if you want to explore the city for the day. If you prefer to make a detailed calculation, please see myswissalps.com/ train/ticketspasses/ practical/chooserailpa ss.

Please see here for all Swiss Travel Pass Flex Combi details and purchase options: myswissalps.com/swisst ravelpassflex. In your case (Malaysia) you can best buy through www.raileurope.com.sg/ pass/swiss-travel-pass-half-fare-card or www.swissrailways.com/ en.

Zanoffc
Zanoffc
20 posts
Mar 15, 2016 - 2:33 PM

Arno:

Just wanting clarification on your response above. I have an 8 day Swiss Travel Pass, but I have a couple more days of travel planned in Switzerland. Is there a discount available for the remaining days available with this pass? If there is, I don't see it.

Thanks!

Arno
Arno
7713 posts
expert &
Mar 15, 2016 - 2:46 PM in reply to Zanoffc

Hi Zanoffc,

Please note that there are different types of passes:

If you have the first type it's simply valid for 8 days.

Zanoffc
Zanoffc
20 posts
Mar 15, 2016 - 3:34 PM

Yes, that's what I have. Just thought it was worth double-checking!

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016