Swiss Travel Pass Flex – 8 or 15 days?

• Peiyan
    Participant
    4 posts
    15 March 2016 at 8:59:37 #808624

Hi

Base on my itineraries, how many days of Swiss Travel Pass Flex should I purchase ?

Day 1 – Arrived at Zurich. Intend to take train from Zurich Flughafen to Lugano, Stazione

Day 2 & Day 3 – Exploring places around Lugano

Day 4 – Lugano, Stazione to Lucern

Day 5 – Either exploring places around Lucern / or wish to go to Basel

Day 6 – Lucern t0 Zermatt

Day 7 & Day 8 – Exploring places around Zermatt i.e. Matterhorn Glacier Paradise

Day 9 – Zermatt to Geneva, then via bus to Annecy, France

Day 10 – Day 12 – Will be in Annecy, France

Day 13 – Annecy, France to Geneva via bus, then from Geneva to Zurich

Day 14 – Zurich to Appenzell

Day 15 & Day 16- Exploring Appenzell

Day 17 – Appenzell to Zurich

Day 18 – Zurich Hbf to Zurich Flughafen

Kindly assist. Thanks.

Regards

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    15 March 2016 at 9:20:15 #849429

Hi Peiyan, welcome to MySwissAlps!

I would say that 8 free travel days would work: day 1, 4, 5, 6, 9, 13, 14 and 17. If you buy an 8-day Swiss Travel Pass Flex Combi, you will get a 50% discount on tickets you need on the remaining days in Switzerland: day 2, 3, 7, 8, 15 and 16. On day 18 you simply buy a local ticket, or a ZurichCARD if you want to explore the city for the day. If you prefer to make a detailed calculation, please see myswissalps.com/ train/ticketspasses/ practical/chooserailpa ss.

Please see here for all Swiss Travel Pass Flex Combi details and purchase options: myswissalps.com/swisst ravelpassflex. In your case (Malaysia) you can best buy through http://www.raileurope.com.sg/ pass/swiss-travel-pass-half-fare-card or http://www.swissrailways.com/ en.

Zanygirl
    Participant
    20 posts
    15 March 2016 at 14:33:01 #849430

Arno:

Just wanting clarification on your response above. I have an 8 day Swiss Travel Pass, but I have a couple more days of travel planned in Switzerland. Is there a discount available for the remaining days available with this pass? If there is, I don’t see it.

Thanks!

Arno
    15483 posts
    15 March 2016 at 14:46:57 #849431

Hi Zanoffc,

Please note that there are different types of passes:

If you have the first type it’s simply valid for 8 days.

Zanygirl
    Participant
    20 posts
    15 March 2016 at 15:34:02 #849432

Yes, that’s what I have. Just thought it was worth double-checking!

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass Flex – 8 or 15 days?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.