Swiss Travel Pass for 5 year old

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 September 2016 at 14:45:27 #810159

Hello,

I am travelling with my 5 year old in October on a 4 day trip to Switzerland. Just wanted to know if I have to get a family card or does she travel free. Even for the train trip to Jungfraujoch, would I need to buy full price tickets for her.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    26 September 2016 at 15:32:57 #856219

Hi Neha2011,

Welcome to MySwissAlps. You don’t need any passes or tickets for your 5 year old. This applies to all trips, also to Jungfraujoch. Please see the Tickets tab of the Swiss Travel Pass page. The pass for yourself can be printed at home. Please see the provided link.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 October 2016 at 9:47:22 #856220

Hi Arno, thanks for the reply. Just wanted to ask one other thing. We will be staying in a hotel in Lucerne. Can we get a mobility pass for to and fro travel from the basel Airport to the hotel. Or do I get a swiss pass for 4 days. We will be switzerland from the 6-10th of October.

Arno
    15483 posts
    2 October 2016 at 13:13:47 #856221

Hi Neha,

Hotels in Lucerne only provide a Visitors Card that provides discounts on a few local attractions and cableways. That does not include Basel. With a Swiss Travel Pass (not a Swiss Pass, that’s for Swiss residents only), you will indeed get Basel Airport to Lucerne for free, including city buses if needed. It also includes some free and many discounted mountain transport options, and lots of museums are free as well. Please see myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass and myswissalps.com/ train/ticketspasses/ practical/chooserailpa ss.

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass for 5 year old’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.