Swiss Travel Pass + Golden Pass Line

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 April 2017 at 19:14:58 #811551

Hello – my wife and I will be in Switzerland for a week in early June. If we purchase the 8-day Swiss Travel Pass (2nd class), I understand that the Golden Pass Line would be covered by the pass. My question is when reserving seats on the Golden Pass line trains website, I see availability of first class, second class and bistro/restaurant carriage. If we have the Swiss Travel Pass (2nd class), are we allowed to reserve seats in second class carriages only for the Golden Pass line?

Thank you in advance!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 April 2017 at 5:28:20 #862191

Hi jslyuan and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Yes, if you have a 2nd class Swiss Travel Pass, then you can only travel in 2nd class on the Golden Pass train and should reserve a seat in 2nd class.

If you want to travel 1st class on this train only during your trip, you can reserve a 1st class seat now and then go to the train station and upgrade to 1st class for this trip only before you get on the train (chf12.50 per person one way).

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 April 2017 at 13:03:36 #862192

Thank you Lucas!

So a 2nd Class Swiss Travel Pass + 1st Class Golden Pass Train Reservation is not possible? Or it is if you pay the 12.50 chf?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 April 2017 at 15:53:32 #862193

You can travel in 1st class on the Golden Pass panoramic train with a 2nd class Swiss Travel Pass as long as you make a reservation for a 1st class seat AND buy the upgrade ticket from 2nd to 1st class for the train.

Lucas

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass + Golden Pass Line’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10950 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.