Jun 26, 2015 - 8:08 PM
I am confused with the array of options on the Swiss discount passes. Here is our itinerary in Switzerland from 3rd August to 7th August 2015 (2 adults and 1 child 7 years old). Can you please suggest the best pass (most value for money) to purchase - Swiss Travel Pass or Half Fare Card or Bernese Oberland pass?
We are first travelling from USA to Paris, spending 3 days in Paris and then over to Switzerland for 4 days and then back home.
1. Day 1 - 3rd Aug - Take the train from Paris to Lauterbrunnen (this will be our base for 3 nights)
2. Day 2 - 4th Aug - hikes in bernese oberland area (Murren etc) and train ride to Schiltorn
3. Day 3 - 5th Aug - more hikes (Kleine Scheidegg area), and train ride to Jungfraujoch mountain
4. Day 4 - 6th Aug - Train from Lauterbrunnen to Zurich and explore the city (stay overnight).
5. Day 5 - 7th Aug - flying out of Zurich back home..
a. Which Swiss Pass provide the best value for our itinerary? I also read that the Jungfrau train ride is only 25% discounted on the Swiss Pass, so not sure if that is a factor.
b. Can you also suggest the best train route for journey from Paris to Lauterbrunnen (Day 1) , and from Lauterbrunnen to Zurich (Day 4)?
c. What is the best way to purchase passes and train tickets and how soon should this be done?
Last modified on Jun 26, 2015 - 8:33 PM by madhuri1479