Swiss Travel Pass or Interrail Swiss Pass?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 September 2016 at 0:21:38 #810048

Hi Arno,

I am traveling from 14th to 24th September, my route is going from Zurich to Geneva, I arrive in Zurich (will be there 2 days), Luzern (stoping 3 days, I have both friends in Zurich and Luzern), Interlaken (2 day), Bern (1day), Lausanne (1day) and Geneva (1day).

1. I am wondering which is the most cost effective option if a part from the trains I will take one boat and ona cable car. Should I buy 8 days Swiss Travel Pass (around 333EUR) or the 6 days Interrail Swiss Pass (199EUR)?

2. I have also read that in Geneva the public trasport and transport to the airport is for free? Is that right? Any other city that is aso free for tourists?

Thanks so much for your help!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    7 September 2016 at 10:46:23 #855765

Hi Yaiza,

Thanks for joining us!

1. The trains connecting these towns are free with both passes. So it will depend on which boat and cable car you will be using. And whether you are sure you won’t do more of such trips, as it might be hard to resist if the weather is fine 🙂 Please compare the coverage maps of both passes, and do the math if you want:

If price is important I’d suggest to buy the Interrail pass and prevent doing trips not covered by it. Please see myswissalps.com/ interrailswitzerland pass/price.

2. Public transport within cities is fully included in the Swiss Travel Pass, but not in the Interrail pass. Indeed cities like Geneva, Bern and Lausanne offer free transport to hotel guests. Please see the hotel and transport sections of our town pages.

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass or Interrail Swiss Pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.