Swiss Travel Pass OR Swiss Half Fare Pass?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 January 2017 at 15:29:16 #810597

Hi,

I am planning the trip in Switzerland and considering to buy Swiss Travel Pass or Swiss Half Fare pass.

Day 1 : Geneva -> Les Diablerets

Day 2: Cable car to Mt.Glacier 3000 ( both Swiss Travel Pass and Swiss Half Fare Pass including this?)

Day 3 : Les Diablerets -> Zetmatt

Day 4 : Zermatt -> Andermatt ->Luzern -> Lake Luzern cruise

Q1. can i buy swiss half fare pass? Or need to buy Swiss travel pass? How different?

Q2. buy from you online will cheaper than via agent in my country?

Buy ticket online will be same price at Geneva airport or not?

The longer i buy, the cheaper price i pay?

Q3. Zermatt -> Andermatt I have to reserve the seat with extra pay, but the other is no need to reserve seat, correct?

thank you for your reply.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 January 2017 at 17:20:27 #858149

Hi punpun and welcome to MySwissAlps!

You can buy either the Swiss Half-Fare Card or the Swiss Travel Pass. Take a look at our how to choose a rail pass page here.

The Swiss Travel Pass gives you free travel on almost all trains and on a few others a discount of 25% or 50%. See the link above to see the area of validity.

The Swiss Half-fare Card, once purchased gives you a 50% discount on most train routes – again see my link above for the map of validity.

Those pages I linked also shows you how and where to buy these passes and their prices.

If you are travelling on the Glacier Express from Zermatt to Andermatt, than yes a reservation is needed. For all other standard trains reservations are not required.

Cheers,
    Lucas

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass OR Swiss Half Fare Pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.