Swiss Travel Pass Query And Travel in Swiss

Swiss Travel Pass Query And Travel in Swiss

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
prasannabg
prasannabg
2 posts
Jul 8, 2015 - 7:51 PM

Hello,

I have planned to Swiss from 10th of Jul to 13th of Jul (4 days) from Paris and I have reserved tickets for the same.

Below is the itinerary:

1. 10th: Paris to Geneva - Buy Swiss Travel Pass for 4 days

2. 10th: Geneva to Interlaken - Stay in interlaken and visit Jungfrau(11th), Mt. Titlis (12th)

3 . 12th: Interlaken to Lucerne - Stay at Lucerne.

4. 13th: Mount Pilatus/ Lucerne lake . Then to Zurich

5. 13th; Zurich to Paris

Queries:

1. Can I buy 4 days Swiss Travel Pass on arrival in Geneva at train station ?. If not, then where I can buy ?

2. Can I travel on any train/bus using this pass without any reservations ? Example : If I have to travel from Geneva to Interlaken, is there any reservation required prior to travel on the same day of travel to destination.

Please clarify.

Thanks in Advance !!

Arno
Arno
7720 posts
expert &
Jul 9, 2015 - 9:31 AM

Hi prasannabg,

Thanks for your post!

1. Yes, you can buy the Swiss Travel Pass in Geneva. It will be a bit more expensive than online as you can see here, but it is available there.

2. Please see here for what's included in the pass, and here for how reservations work. You don't need to book seats.

Enjoy your stay!

prasannabg
prasannabg
2 posts
Jul 9, 2015 - 10:04 PM in reply to Arno

Info is very useful.

Thank you very much !!

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016