Swiss Travel Pass question

• Shubhada
    Participant
    7 posts
    13 June 2016 at 7:00:19 #809435

Hello MySwissalps team,

Prior thread – 'First trip to Switzerland – 9 days in June':

1. What is the deadline to print-at-home Swiss Travel Pass?
    2. I start my journey from US Thursday 16th midday, first day of 8 day Swiss travel pass use is June 18th. Can I place an order Monday June 13th US evening time ( waiting for my no-foreign-transaction-fee credit card to arrive) or I would rather buy it at Zurich station on arrival?
    3. Should I select payment in CHF or USD? Does it matter with no-foreign-transaction fee credit card
    4. Weather forecast seems all rainy for next few days -watching the post updates on this topic.
  • Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    13 June 2016 at 10:14:39 #853056

Hi Shubhada,

1. All purchase options and delivery times are here: myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass/ price.
    2. Today would still work for a pass that starts the 18th: visit http://www.swissrailways.com/ en. After filling out your address, they will show the delivery options. Pick “Online Ticket” from the bottom of the list. They will e-mail the pass within 3 business days (probably just one), so you can print it at home. Buying in Zurich takes more time. The print at home pass is ready to use so you can go straight to the first available train without waiting at a ticket office.
    3. Their prices in USD are reasonable, just a bit more than the average exchange rate. If your bank charges you extra for foreign currencies, pick USD. If not, pick CHF.
    4. Please see myswissalps.com/forum/ topic/3-rainy-days-in-lucenre-what-to-do and myswissalps.com/forum/ topic/an-entire-week-of-rain-help-needed for discussions about that.
  • The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass question’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.