Swiss Travel Pass / Regional Bernese Oberland Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 March 2016 at 20:20:48 #808657

I need help on which pass to buy. Trip itinerary: 1: Zurich Airport to Luzern, 2. Luzern to Grindelwald, 3. Grindelwald to Jungfraubahn, 4. Grindelwald to Lake Thun 5. Grindelwald to Zurich.

Thinking of purchasing Swiss Travel Pass – 4 day and paying the train fare from Zurich Airport to Luzern.

Thanks for your help

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 March 2016 at 22:46:48 #849542

Hi there!!!

I would look at this pass:- http://www.swisspasses.com/ railpass/swiss-regional-rail-passes/packages/ 4_bernoberland@specialoffer/

We used it last year (and will again for our 2016) and found it met our needs exactly.

It will give you transfers in and out of Grindelwald and 4 days of travel around all of the wonderful places to visit in the area. There is a 50% discount on travel to Jungfraujoch.

There are 1st and 2nd class options. If you can afford it, with 1st you travel in style on the main routes

Arno
    15471 posts
    20 March 2016 at 7:53:45 #849543

Welcome to MySwissAlps Suzycruiser and oldmolle!

@Suzycruiser: you can find details about the pass suggested by oldmolle here: myswissalps.com/ regionalpassberneseobe rland.

It’s indeed worth look into the Swiss Travel Pass as well. As of this year it also includes the Schynige Platte cogwheel train from Wilderswil for free. Details are here: myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass.

To compare passes, please have a look at these instructions: myswissalps.com/train/ ticketspasses/practica l/ chooserailpass.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 March 2016 at 14:16:26 #849544

Thanks so much for the valuable information. I think I will go with the Swiss Travel Pass because I would like to add boat tours and and additional train travel around Grindelwald. I think I will be able to use it to travel from Grindelwald to Zurich and around Zurich on the 4th day. It is my understanding I can purchase this at the Luzern train station. Do you recommend the early morning (8:00) Jungfraujoch trip for 140. or using the 25% with the STP for anytime of the day?

Thanks

Arno
    15471 posts
    20 March 2016 at 14:28:55 #849545

Hi Suzycruiser,

You can purchase the pass at staffed rail stations, including Luzern, but it’s easier to simply purchase online and print it at home. Go to http://www.swissrailways.com/ en and select “Online Ticket” once delivery options are presented (after filling out personal data). This will save you time as the pass is ready for travel and you can immediately board your first train. More options are here: myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass/price. If you prefer 1st class then look here: myswissalps.com/forum/ topic/30-discount-on-1st-class-swiss-travel-pass.

The “Good Morning Tickets” are more expensive than the discounted tickets for pass holders, so there’s no need to limit yourself to that time frame.

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass / Regional Bernese Oberland Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.