Swiss Travel Pass Validity

Swiss Travel Pass Validity

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Derek
Derek
2 posts
May 1, 2015 - 11:54 AM
The SBB map shows routes where the STP may be used, however on checking for a proposed Postbus trip in July from Göschenen to Göscheneralp Dammagletscher I cannot see this route on the map. The SBB timetable 411 shows Postbus journeys, subject to reservation, by bus. Is this route not included on the STP?
Derek
Derek
2 posts
May 1, 2015 - 1:17 PM

Adding to my own query, I did further research and although the map link from the SBB STP page does not show the route, the map from

postbus.ch/pag-startseite/pag-taeglich-unterwegs/pag-taeglich-unterwegs-fahrausweise/pag-fahrausweise-geltungsbereich-ga-halbtax.pdf

shows the route is valid with the GA travelcard.

Do the Swiss GA holders have routes available that visitors are not able to use?

Arno
Arno
7700 posts
expert &
May 1, 2015 - 2:55 PM

Hi Derek,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! The Swiss Travel Pass map can be found here. It doesn't show all bus lines because that would not fit on the map. Nearly all buses are included in the Swiss Travel Pass though. Post buses, like this one, are included too (at least I am not aware of any exceptions). Seat reservations need to be purchased separately. GA holders basically get the same privileges as Swiss Travel Pass holders, so you can safely assume this ride is free.

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016