Swiss Travel Pass….replacement if lost

• danieljason
    Participant
    5 posts
    14 July 2016 at 19:35:05 #809676

I have purchased and received a STP for 15 days (hard copy) I would like to know if it can be replaced in the event of loss. Since it is connected to my identity and passport number I would assume no one else could use it and it could be replaced. What is the answer?

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    15 July 2016 at 6:00:40 #854173

Hi Danieljason,

There is no replacement if you loose a pass that has been shipped to you. An advantage of print at home passes is that you receive a PDF file, so you can print it again yourself in case of loss.

With a hard copy being shipped to you, you can best make a copy of it just in case. The copy won’t be a valid travel document, but at least you can show it to the staff at a train station and see what they can do if you would loose the original. But I’m pretty sure they can’t replace it. I never heard of that option. I think the problem is that they don’t have a database of sold passes to check if your copy is valid. It does not have a QR code like print at home passes have.

Some retailers offer insurance for loss or theft of your pass. Also your travel insurance may cover this, but you would have to check. The print at home version is the cheaper and easier option. Wasn’t that available to you when you purchased?

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass….replacement if lost’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.