Swiss Travel Trip-Help needed

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 May 2015 at 11:21:04 #807297

Hello

My Tour Itinerary is as follows: I want to stay in Switzerland for 3 full days. Please let me the best tour that i can do in these 3 days.

I will be coming from Venice , I want to leave venice after 5 PM and reach to Zurich. Please advice me which is the best transport to come to Zurich (Rail or Air) . Which is cheaper Rail or Air from Venice to Zurich..?

If i Come by rail from venice to Zurich, What type of rail pass i can buy so that wen i am in Switzerland and visit places in the city, that rail pass should be useful to me. We are 5 members (adults). Please advice us a correct rail pass so that it should be useful for us to travel for all the 3 days free of cost in rail.

PLease help me and awaiting to see the reply from you all

Rayam

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    28 May 2015 at 4:49:39 #843436

Hi Rayam,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! My advice would be to first determine what it is that you prefer to do. The “best tour” means different things to different people. Do you like museums, hiking, visiting peaks by cable car, traveling all the time or one base? The top menu offers quick access to tips about activities, towns and regions. The planning section helps finding a tour package or planning your own trip.

It’s about 4 hours to reach the Swiss border from Venice. No need to fly. You may want or need to depart before 17 PM though.

Once you have a plan, feel free to post questions about it here. A rail pass can best be selected based on that plan.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 May 2015 at 5:32:09 #843437

Hello Arno,

Thanks for the reply. I would like to visit the famous museums, visiting peaks by cable car, any cruise tour or boat ride, hiking, shopping etc.

We will be finishing our tour at Venice on 1st August 2015 at 6PM. After that only we can leave Venice and Swiss. Please advice us what and how to travel to swiss. ?

On 2, 3 and 4th August we want to make tours. We like to do full day tours / sight seeing from 9 AM to 6PM. Please give us a idea or a tour plan for these 3 days.

I have given u the tour plan of us. Please suggest a tour idea how we can make use of the swiss tour perfectly and with good memories.

thanks

Rayam

Annika
    7104 posts
    28 May 2015 at 18:30:15 #843438

Hi Rayam,

I think staying in Lucerne is worth your consideration. It has museums, nearby peaks and trails, shops and a lake. Zurich and Bern can be reached in an hour for even more museums.

We don’t make itineraries here, but you should be able to make a planning of your own if you start on the pages Arno and I linked to. And, as Arno said, feel free to post your itinerary here if you’re looking for feedback. The planning section Arno referred to also offers sample itineraries and (customized) tour packages if you prefer not to do the detailed planning yourself.

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Trip-Help needed’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.