Swiss Trip

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 May 2012 at 14:59:01 #805266

Dear Anika,
    I am really sorry to disturb you. I have been through the previous messages on this forum.I want a bit of advice regarding Swiss trip.
    We are 4 adults and 1 child ( 2 year ). We are reaching Geneva on 4th June but it will be late at night.I have reserved golden pass train late in the afternoon from Geneva to Interlakin on 5th June.We will reach Interlakin late in the evening so we won’t get time to go out.
    On 6th June I am planning to do Schilthorn and Trummelbach waterfall
    On 7th June I am planning to do Jugffrau Joch
    On 8th June we plan to do boat trip in Interlakin along with city tour
    On 9th June we plan for Zermatt – gornergrat mountain top
    On 10th June we to do day trip to Lucerne
    On 11th June we are flying back from Geneva at 5:00 pm

My questions are
    1) Is this Schedule fine or would you suggest any changes?
    2) I am a bit puzzled about which rail pass to buy ? It’s 7 days in total.

Once again sorry for the trouble and thanks for your help.

Regards
    Sachin

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    20 May 2012 at 11:31:54 #836124

Hello Sachin, welcome to the forum! I suggest you look into a 4 day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass, using free travel days for June 5 (Geneva-Interlaken), June 9 (Interlaken-Zermatt-Interlaken), June 10 (Interlaken-Lucerne-Interlaken) and June 11 (Interlaken-Geneva). On the remaining days, you’ll profit from a discount (in most cases 50%). Just fill out your country and pass type at the Swiss Flexi Pass page to compare resellers and prices. Please note that you may be eligible for the Rail Europe summer sales, meaning that the prices will be even lower than displayed for reseller Rail Europe!

Your schedule looks fine, but note that your day trip to Zermatt and the Gornergrat is quite long. I would advise to leave early, so that you can spend enough time up at the Gornergrat before returning to Interlaken. The timetable will help you to plan your trips in detail.

• The thread ‘Swiss Trip’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.