Swiss Trip for 2 days

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 December 2011 at 15:47:19 #804800

Hello All,

I am coming from Germany-Stutgart to Switzerland on 18 December.
    I will be accompanied by my parents who are above 60 (both). So in that respect I am not looking at trekking or skiing but rather scenic beauty and some snow as well.

My doubt though is whether I should go to Jungfrau or to Titlis. Also I am looking for nice panoramic views from the train. Can anyone recommend a train journey as well Goldenpass/Glacier Express ? .

My rough plan is to arrive in Zurich and take a small city tour by bus. After then to procees
    1. Day 1 – Zurich (city tour for a couple of hours)
    Day 1 – Lucerne ( stay at night)
    2. Day 2 – Lucerne to Engelberg (Titlis)

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    16 December 2011 at 12:35:03 #834560

Hello var89! If you want to stay in Lucerne, it would make more sense to visit the Titlis, as that’s closer to Lucerne than Interlaken. On the other hand, the train ride up to the Jungfraujoch is really spectacular; the leg up to Kleine Scheidegg offers great views, and the second leg actually leads right through the mountains. The timetable allows you to look for traveling times and see if you think Lucerne-Jungfraujoch is doable with your parents. You can ride part of the Golden Pass Express when traveling from Lucerne to Interlaken (which is on the way to the Jungfraujoch). It would be too much to plan an entire panoramic train journey in these two days.

Have a wonderful stay! Best regads,

• The thread ‘Swiss Trip for 2 days’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.