Apr 16, 2013 - 2:59 AM
Welcome sesha! I'm glad you like the forum. As for your questions:
1) Will your parents only be doing the exact same day trips as you? In that case, I'd say all three of you should look into a 4 day Swiss Saver Pass
. That would definitely offer better value than one of the rail Passes (or Interrail Passes in your case). Ordering through this reseller
would be easiest. It allows you to order all three passes and have them shipped to your home address in Germany.
If intensive train traveling in other countries is involved too, a Eurail Pass
might work better. Other resellers would be involved here. Just visit the pass pages you're interested in and enter your or your parents' data in the upper right corner to have all purchase options displayed.
2) From Schaffhausen you can take a bus to Schloss Laufen or Neuhausen Bad Bf. The timetable
helps you plan this trip. It's for free with a Swiss Pass (or a free travel day on a Swiss Saver Flexi Pass). Further boat rides aren't covered. Please review the downloadable validity map at the Swiss Pass page
for such details.
3) You would be able to cover both Pilatus and Rigi in one day. Titlis would be too far off.
4) Yes, the cable car to Rigi is for free with a Swiss Pass too.
5) The old town centre is very attractive. Just strolling along there and get to the Kappelbrücke would be fine for the evening. Depending on the time of year in which you plan to visit, you may be able to make an evening boat cruise
Last modified on Dec 28, 2014 - 4:35 PM by Arno