Swiss trip in dec for 3 days/2 nights

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 November 2014 at 22:20:08 #806726

Hi

I am planning swiss trip during Christmas. I will be reaching basel in 26th Dec morning 9 am and leaving on 28th Dec night at 9 pm. That gives me almost 3 full days in swiss. Till now I am planning to go to jangfrau on 27th Dec. Not yet planned anything for other 2 days.

Could you please suggest a plan so that I can cover most in 3 days.

I have not booked my accomodation yet. I am looking for accomodation in terlaken, lucerne or bern. Could you please suggest what would be best for this short trip.

Thanks

Parimal

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    24 November 2014 at 6:43:03 #841331

Hi Parimal,

Lucerne would make an excellent base as it’s a pretty town and close to the mountains. It’s too far for a trip to the Jungfraujoch though. Bern is pretty too, but not in the mountains. You can visit it as a day trip from Lucerne or Interlaken. Interlaken is not very scenic, but it’s surroundings are, and it’s the best base for a trip to the Jungfraujoch.

Hotel tips for either city can be found here:

Further planning guidance can be found here: myswissalps.com/plantrip

A 3-day Swiss Flexi Pass or a Swiss Half Fare Card may fit your travel plans.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 December 2014 at 9:02:20 #841332

Thanks Arno!!!!

I have booked the stay in lucerne. Now I wanted some suggestions on how to plan 3 days in swiss. I have some plans in my mind but nothing is final.

On day 1 we will be reaching lucerne around 1030. Planning to visit lucerne and mt pilatis on that day.

On day 2 we will visit jangfrau and interlaken. I don’t know how jangfrau will be in peak winter.

On day 3 no idea yet. We have whole day as our flight is at 2055 from Zurich.

I would also wanted to know , if we can travel in golden express or glacier express in these routes or some other routes.

Thanks

Parimal

Annika
    7116 posts
    8 December 2014 at 6:38:21 #841333

Hi Parimal,

Jungfraujoch is a very long trip if you’re based in Lucerne, but there are plenty of alternative excursions closer to Lucerne as you can see here. If you’re going to do it anyway, be sure to reach Jungfraujoch around midday, so that you will do the best part of the trip in daylight. And check the weather forecast before going there.

The Golden Pass connects Lucerne to Interlaken. Further planning can be done as advised on the planning page Arno linked to.

• The thread ‘Swiss trip in dec for 3 days/2 nights’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.