Swiss trip with 2 kids, 22 Dec-15 till 26 Dec-15

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 October 2015 at 16:10:08 #808054

Hello,

i will be visiting Europe with my family (wife and two kids of less then 10 years old ) in month of Dec-2015, i will traveling from Venice to Switzerland on 21st of Dec-15 till 26th Dec, then after i will be traveling to Paris. Would you advice me which places i should visit in Swiss with consideration of weather and my kids.

i would appreciate your advice.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    21 October 2015 at 17:28:57 #846639

Hi taifii,

Can you let us know what your interests are? Like activities and type of town to stay. That helps a lot to provide advice. What are the exact ages of your children?

Thanks in advance!

Arno

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    22 October 2015 at 0:37:26 #846640

Hi Taifii-

Welcome to the forum.

Could you also say where you are entering Switzerland…Zürich? Geneva? Basel? Zernez? St. Moritz? Kreuzlingen? Schaffhausen? Brig? and at approximate what time of day? By rail or plane? Or, automobile?

For a short stay such as you plan, particularly at the very busy holiday season, those things are helpful for itinerary planning.

Age of children is important for high altitude health considerations.

And, as Arno noted, it is helpful to know your interests, in order to focus advice.

Meanwhile, here are a couple of links to consider.

http://www.myswissalps.com/ge ttingstarted

http://www.myswissalps.com/wh eretogo

Slowpoke

Oh yes, and by the way, the name of the country is Switzerland, not Swiss.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 October 2015 at 21:01:34 #846641

Hello Slowpoke & Arno,

So far my plan is from Venice to Interlaken ,stay 21st Dec till 23rd Dec then travel to Zurich (24th Dec till 27th Dec) .

my kids age are 7 Year old boy and 3 years old girl.

i have bit concern about weather conditions , we are more interested to see nature . not much interested in Ski and other different activities.

look forward your advice

Taifii

Annika
    7116 posts
    24 October 2015 at 12:54:48 #846642

Hi Taifii!

So you plan on staying in Interlaken and Zurich? That’s certainly an option, but if you like nature, I’d spend less time in Zurich if I were you. Lucerne might be a better alternative, as it’s closer to lots of alpine attractions and viewing points. One or two days would be fine, as the city has lots to offer: please see myswissalps.com/zurich for tips on hotels and sightseeing.

Generally, visits to mountain tops are fun for kids too, especially if weather is nice. Consider the Jungfraujoch and Schilthorn or other viewing points like Männlichen and First for your stay in Interlaken. A boat trip over Lake Thun is an option too. The JungfrauPark near Interlaken may be fun for your kids, and the chocolate show in restaurant Schuh. If you indeed plan to visit Lucerne as well: the city itself is very atmospheric. The Museum of Transport is great for kids and you can visit lots of mountain tops; please refer to myswissalps.com/lakelu cerne for tips. You can plan scenic outdoor trips, and make a set of back-up plans including city visits, indoor parks and museums in case weather is bad.

Depending on your exact plans, do look into rail passes. Explanation on how to find the right one can be found at myswissalps.com/train/ ticketspasses/practica l/chooserailpass. You may like the comfort of an 8 day Swiss Travel Pass, but there are quite some alternatives.

• The thread ‘Swiss trip with 2 kids, 22 Dec-15 till 26 Dec-15’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.