swiss trip plan

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 November 2014 at 17:34:42 #806724

dear

i am planning for swiss 8 days in april 2015 1st week, my plan is

day 1 from paris to lucerne ( night stay in lucerne)

day 2 from lucerne to zurich ( night stay in lucerne)

day 3 from lucerne to Mt. titlis ( night stay in lucerne)

day 4 transfer to interlaken ( night in interlaken)

day 5 interlaken to jungfrauch ( night in interlaken)

day 6 interlaken to geneva city tour by golden pass express ( night in interlaken)

day 7 interlaken to zermatt ( night in zermatt)

day 8 zermatt to st. moritz by glacier express ( night in st. moritz)

plz. if you have any good idea plz. guide me, i wanted to ask for this trip swiss pass is ok for me or any other pass require,

we have 2 adults and 2 childs ( ages 7 and 5 years)

plz. guide me.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15482 posts
    23 November 2014 at 15:25:03 #841321

Hi vkiratsata,

Thanks a lot for posting here! You can save a lot by buying a rail pass. An 8-day Swiss Travel Pass or Swiss Half Fare Card will roughly save you the same amount. But I recommend the Swiss Travel Pass as it is much more convenient because you don’t have to purchase tickets for each trip. This is a new pass for 2015, so you can best check back here early January, when the prices for all new passes have been set. Also keep an eye on our promo overview to see if there are any promotions you can take advantage of.

The children will travel along for free, please see the links I gave you. Additionally you need tickets from Paris to Basel. From Basel, you pass will be valid. See here for the tickets please:

As for your plans: day 6 is very long. I think it’s about 8 hours of traveling, so there won’t be much time left in Geneva. You can consider visiting Montreux instead.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 November 2014 at 18:15:58 #841322

thanks for reply,

i wanted to ask one thing, for day 6 interlaken to geneva for city tour and if i stay night in zermatt, then how long it will take, and it’s ok for me.

plz. reply

Arno
    15482 posts
    23 November 2014 at 19:05:49 #841323

Hi vkiratsata,

That plan is a bit better. Even though day 6 will be equally long, you will end up in Zermatt, so you will save time on day 7.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 November 2014 at 8:56:29 #841324

thanks

galcier express and bernina express working round the year, and with swiss pass it is free of cost

Annika
    7116 posts
    25 November 2014 at 5:31:26 #841325

Hi vkiratsata,

The Glacier Express does not operate from late October to mid December. The Bernina Express bus section (Tirano to Lugano) is not available in Winter. Both trains are free with a Swiss Travel Pass, but you do need seat reservations. Please see the links for all the information you need, including links to timetables.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 November 2014 at 7:16:18 #841326

thanks

can you tell me the winter month, is it from october to march or april.

and is their any express train from tirano to venice , so plz guide me.

because my travel month is april 2015 1st week.

Arno
    15482 posts
    25 November 2014 at 12:12:38 #841327

Hello vkiratsata,

The bus service is available from March 28 to October 25, 2015. Further details for your traveling date and time can be found in the timetables. Also there’s the national timetable which shows all the buses and trains throughout Switzerland.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 November 2014 at 16:33:24 #841328

if i travel from zermatt to st. moritz by galcier express, then i have to change train inbetween or by one train journey.

Arno
    15482 posts
    26 November 2014 at 5:34:55 #841329

Hi,

The Glacier Express is a direct train. All stops and further details are in the timetable.

• The thread ‘swiss trip plan’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.