swissrail fkexipass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 March 2014 at 18:23:54 #806284

Myself and my wife are travelling to Switzerland from 18th April for 2 weeks. Our son resides at Laussane . We plan to buy swissrail flexipass for 3 days. When we order the pass on line we want to give my son’s address as the delivery address as the delivery charge is minimum.

1. Can we give our son’s name and address as the delivery address and my name and address in India as the billing address? Will this make confusion about the name of the passenger?

2. When are the names of the passengers entered in the pass?

3. While ordering the flexi pass I am asked to give start date. Does this mean that I have to make the first travel on this date?

Kindly clarify these, so that I can book order my swiss rail flexipass as early as possible.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    31 March 2014 at 4:40:05 #839684

Dear uakeloth,

Thanks for posting here. As for your questions:

1. I am not 100% sure where you tried to purchase your pass, but if you order through this page of the Swiss railways, so you will be able to order it like required. You can indeed fill out a delivery address in Switzerland and a billing address in India.

2. Passengers names will not be asked while ordering. You will fill these out yourself once you have received the pass.

3. In case of a Swiss Flexi Pass that date is the first day you can use the pass, but you don’t have to. There are three empty fields on the pass to fill out your free travel dates. These travel days should be in between the date printed on the pass and one month later, so you are free to choose. Note that you don’t get any discounts before the first free travel day and after the last free travel day, as explained on the Swiss Flexi Pass page.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 March 2014 at 8:32:27 #839685

Thank you very much for the prompt reply.

I have placed order for the swiss flexi pass for 3 days.

However the confirmation message says that “We will send out
    the documents as soon as possible, at the latest 2 till 3 weeks prior to your departure”.

But I am under the impression that the pass will be delivered to my son’s address at Laussane.

Kindly give your comments.

-warm regards

Unnikrishnan

Arno
    15484 posts
    31 March 2014 at 8:48:01 #839686

You’re welcome Unnikrishnan! The message means that if people order months in advance, they only ship the passes 2 to 3 weeks before the passes are going to be used. Your order is already within that timeframe, so I expect them to ship them right away. In any case they will be there in time.

Enjoy your travels!

• The thread ‘swissrail fkexipass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.