May 27, 2014 - 1:32 PM
in reply to mayurs74
Hello Mayur, welcome to our website!
Let's take a look at your queries:
1) You won't travel via the Golden Pass line that day. You can travel via the Golden Pass when you travel from Lucerne to Lauterbrunnen.
2) Pilatus and Rigi are both great, also in September, but very different. Rigi is more "fresh, green and meadows", Pilatus is more "rough and rocky". It depends on what you like, so I suggest to read our pages about the Rigi and Pilatus to make a choice. The Rigi would be free with a Swiss Pass, the Pilatus is discounted by 50%.
3) September is perfect for high altitude trails. The hikes with the best views are mostly higher up on the mountains, so some transportation costs will be involved to get there, unless you do it all on foot but that is only doable for very experienced hikers. However, with a Swiss Pass, you can reach Grindelwald, Wengen and Mürren for free. Wengen to Kleine Scheidegg is really nice, so you only need a one-way ticket back down (to Grindelwald, I would suggest, to see more of the area). See the Jungfrau region section and hiking section for further tips.
4) You could take a boat from Interlaken West to Beatenbucht (free with Swiss Pass). Then go up by funicular and cable car to the Niederhorn (50% off with Swiss Pass), and walk to Waldegg. Then back by bus (free).
5) I already mentioned the Swiss Pass, which I think is a good choice for what you intend to do. See here for all details about it. The process of selecting a pass is explained in detail here. I think you can limit your research to the Swiss Pass and Swiss Half Fare Card.
6) Absolutely, please see here: www.myswissalps.com/hotels/budget
Last modified on Dec 28, 2014 - 12:53 PM by Arno