Switzerland 5 day itinerary with 15 mo. old child

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 August 2016 at 6:13:09 #809835

Hi Fellow travellers,

Need advice for my Switzerland trip. I am reaching Zurich on 10th Sep night and leaving on 16th Sep morning. And here is what i have planned so far:

10th Sep: Reach Zurich by 8pm from Singapore and stay over night at Zurich

11th Sep: explore Zurich and Rhine falls and evening train to interlaken

12th sep: travel to mount Jungfrau

13th Sep: explore interlaken and in the evening take train to Lucerne. Need your help here, is it wise to stay one extra day in interlaken? what are the activities i can do here? or shall i spend one extra day in lucerne instead? are there any good day trips from interlaken?

14th Sep: travel to mount titles

15th Sep: explore Lucerne and lake

16th Sep: take morning train to florence. I am then planning to spend 2 days in florence and 3 days in rome

Let me know if this itinerary will help me explore the best of Switzerland. I can cut down now day from italy tour and add here if there are some interesting places to explore. Also, since we are travelling with 15 month old daughter so do not want to do too many high mountain tours.

Also,need some tip on where can i leave my luggage as most of travel to next city is in the evening. Can you also recommend some good places of accommodation which are not super expensive

Thanks, Nisha

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 August 2016 at 4:45:18 #854919

Hi Friends,

Can you please suggest!

Thanks

Nisha

Arno
    15484 posts
    11 August 2016 at 6:46:01 #854920

Hi Nisha,

Please be patient, everyone gets an answer here, though sometimes it may take a little longer. Thanks!

Welcome to MySwissAlps! There is not a lot to do or so in Interlaken itself, but the surrounding area offers plenty. Any extra night you get stay would be worth it. People stay there for weeks and do new things every day. With just one night, there’s the risk of bad weather, meaning you could not visit Jungfraujoch. More or less the same applies to Lucerne: there’s a lot to do there, but there are more bad weather alternatives. The links I gave you provide many tips on activities, hotels (cheap ones too) and more.

You wrote about high mountain tours and your 15 month old daughter. Please see the recommendations on the Jungfraujoch and Titlis pages.

Regarding luggage, please see myswissalps.com/train/ practical/luggage.

• The thread ‘Switzerland 5 day itinerary with 15 mo. old child’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.