Switzerland exploration from Torgon Resort

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 May 2017 at 17:47:43 #811945

Dear All,

It’s really very good website to understand the entire region and plan Switzerland visit accordingly.

I will visiting Switzerland in mid June 2017 for a week along with my wife, 2 kids (8 years & 1 year). Below is my rough planning and need your expert advise to plan my trip wisely. I will be taking two Swiss Travel Pass(STP) for 8 days with free family card.

Day 1 – Arriving at Zurich Airport in late evening on Friday and have booked hotel for one night.In Zurich, we are planning to visit the following-

• Rhine Fall (kindly advise visiting fall at night, hoping that STP will be applicable from 00 hrs.)
    • Early morning walk in Old Town covering Grossmunster, St. Peterskirche , lake Zurich (short return boat trip, covered under STP)
    • kindly advise must see place in Zurich which is near to Old Town or HB rail station.
    • Depart from Zurich HB to Torgon by 14:00 hrs, via Bern – Spiez – Visp – Aigle to catch the last bus to Torgon (18:20 hrs)

Day 2 – Planning to visit nearby area to Aigle as follow

• Rochers -de-Naye
    • Cheese factory (Gruyeres ) and Chocolate Factory (Broc)
    • City of Montreux – round boat trip of lake Geneva
    • Need advice – what else can be covered
    • Back to Aigle by 18 hrs to catch last bus.

Day 3 – Trip to Glacier 3000

Day 4 – Geneva City

Remaining days – wish to visit Jungfraujoch, Mt. Titlis, Mt. Pilatus & Lucern city.

I do understand that staying at Torgon Resort (gifted package) will limit my travel time, however to overcome the transport issue to/ from Torgon, I am planning to rent a car. with regards to Car Rental, I have below concerns

1. Is it mandatory to get two car seats for my both kids as height of my 8 year son is 125 cm only and daughter is just 20 months?
    2. how I will know about the toll roads in Aigle surroundings, I just need to know if there is any toll road between Aigle to Montreux?
    3. My plan to utilize the car only to access the Aigle train station from Torgon and vice versa, My resort at Torgon has free parking, however not sure about free parking availability in Aigle area. it seems that no free parking in Aigle train station or nearby. kindly advice where I can park in morning and collect it in late evening to get back to Torgon.(may be adjacent village train station).

Need your comments on my plan and advice to make it better.

Thanks in advance

SAMRAT KADAM

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 May 2017 at 11:17:41 #863751

Hi Samrat Kadam and welcome to MySwissAlps!

DAY 1 – The old town of Zurich and the Bahnhofstrasse (along with the churches in these areas) are the must-sees of the city of Zurich – along with Lake Zurich. Zurich’s old town starts about 5 minutes on foot from Zurich train station so it is all easily seen.

DAY 2 – You won’t have time to cover anything else – it is a full day already

1. I’m not sure about child seats – certainly for the youngest child but the 8 year old may be ok. Perhaps best to check with car rental agency
    2. I don’t believe there are any toll roads. Your rental car will have a Swiss Motorway sticker included to cover highway charges
    3. Parking is not free at Aigle train station and I don’t believe there is any free parking (in any Swiss city). You can get a parking pass for rail stations (from 3chf to 16 chf per day) here.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 May 2017 at 12:19:28 #863752

Hi Lucas,

Thanks for your feedback,

I have checked with Aigle train station and they have paid parking space which will cost 7 CHF per day.

Cheers,

SAMRAT

• The thread ‘Switzerland exploration from Torgon Resort’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.