Switzerland for 10 days – itinerary help

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 May 2017 at 16:14:12 #811944

Hello,

I am staying in Luzern (4 nights), Lausanne (3 nights) and zurich (1 night).

I have 2 nights in between Luzern and lausanne. I like to visit MatterHorn, Schilthorn, Pilatus, rigi, Lauvax winery, Cern laboratory, Geneva city, Lucern and lake geneva boat tours. and I bought swiss travel pass. My Question is, should I extend 2 days in Luzern? is that going to be central location for the things I like to see?

Also my husband has mobility issue and he need a wheelchair although he can go couple steps and walk few yards. Is there a place in Zurich for renting wheelchair ?

Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 May 2017 at 6:25:42 #863748

Hi Mantuli and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Luzern will be a convenient location for: Mt. Pilatus, Mt. Rigi, Lake Luzern boat trips and would be ok for Schilthorn. Check train schedules here.

From Lausanne you can easily visit: Lauvaux winery walks, Cern laboratory, Geneva and lake Geneva boat tours.

Zermatt and the Matterhorn is a bit out of the way of everything but you could make a trip there on your way to Luzern – but a very long day for you. Check the train schedule link above to plan this trip.

I’m not sure about Wheelchair rentals – I found some useful web pages on myswitzerland.com for you to check out and contact directly.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 May 2017 at 20:47:51 #863749

Thank you for your prompt reply.

One more Question.

I have android unlocked phone. what type of SIM card I will need and for how much? Thinking of getting it at luzern train station when I arrive.

I am planning to use it very rarely, but want to have some access, just in case my husband and I are doing diff excursions and want to be in touch.

Thank you.

Arno
    15481 posts
    24 May 2017 at 20:56:27 #863750

Hi Mantuli,

Please see myswissalps.com/simcar d.

• The thread ‘Switzerland for 10 days – itinerary help’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.