26th May
    27th May
    28th May
    29th May: Leaving for Venice in morning
    So now based on this, the places I intend to visit are:
    Mount Pilatus
    Mount Titlis
    Jungfrau

(a) I need help to learn about any other scenic places that I can cover during my stay here in Switzerland as per the above plan?
    (b) If so, how can I plan that along with the above 3 places in terms of how much time it goes into visiting these places (like 1 whole day for jungfrau, or half a day for Pilatus etc …)?
    (c) Most important of all, Hotel Stays ! I have no idea about which hotels would be good for the stay and in which places – Zurich / Lucerne / Interlaken …?
    Can anyone recommend certain hotel names based on their reviews / experiences ?

Basically my confusion lies in the aspect as to :
    1. Whether coming into Zurich from Paris, I should make Zurich my main stay for all 5 nights, and make day trips to all these places that I mention above?
    2. Or should I split my stay into 3 + 2 nights, and if so, what would be most convenient:
    2a. 3 Zurich + 2 Lucerne
    2b. 3 Zurich + 2 Interlaken
    2c. 3 Lucerne + 2 Interlaken or vice versa?
    To be true am getting a bit paranoid now about the stay especially as to which hotels and places would be good for me to stay and make these day trips?
    Thanks
    Sunil

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    2 May 2011 at 14:24:59 #832678

Hi Sunil,

As for the hotels: it depends on your budget and location preferences (quiet and/or close to the rail station for example). This page lists hotels that are located centrally in Interlaken, Zurich and some other towns. In Lucerne, I know about the Hotel Etap Luzern City, which is about 10 minutes from the rail station and relatively cheap. I don’t know it from personal experience. In general: hotel.info is a good hotel site we work with.

Your other questions have been addressed in the other topics you posted, right? (this one and this one). For further ideas, please take a look at the day trips suggestions for the Bernese Oberland.

• The thread ‘Hotels confusion Zurich/Lucerne/Interlaken’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.