SWITZERLAND IN 3 DAYS

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 December 2014 at 14:21:56 #806769

Hi team.

I am visiting switzerland in month of April.

I will be landing at zurich airport on 23th april 2015 at 1340 hrs. I will leave for paris on 27th ealry morning.

kindly tell what places should I visit on dis time. Where should I go from airport. Which place first. ?

seeing the reviews.i feel like to vist jaunfraujoch..

and I want to exprience the scenic rail journey once…

Kindly tell best suitable iternary for me..I am on my honeymoon during this tour.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    23 December 2014 at 15:31:34 #841427

Hi nakul,

Switzerland is a great place for honeymooning! There are hundreds of possibilities and it really depends on the interests of you and your spouse what would be best. Please visit this page and start planning from there. The sample itineraries may help you out too. Once you have a plan and still doubts, feel free to post back here.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 December 2014 at 7:28:28 #841428

Hi Arno..

thanks for your reply.

I have checked the page you suggested.

I just want to njoy the place with its scenic beauty. I dont know anything bout this place, although I have researched a lot.but not able to select the places.

I have mentioned my interest. Could you pls suggest places to visit in 3 days.from 27 april to 29 april.

is it worth to visit Switzerland in month of april?

Thanks in advance.

Annika
    7116 posts
    24 December 2014 at 9:10:56 #841429

Hi nakul,

April is an “in between” season, between Winter and Summer. It’s still Winter in the higher elevations and Spring in the lower valleys. Some villages will be really quiet as the tourists are gone, and many cable cars and mountain trains will not be operational yet. But if you prepare well you can have a wonderful time in April if the weather is fine. Jungfraujoch will be open, all information about it is here: myswissalps.com/jungfraujoch. Interlaken and Grindelwald are good base towns for a visit to Jungfraujoch. More towns, along with things to do and hotels to stay, can be found here.

You can travel to Interlaken via the scenic Golden Pass route. Another option is to exclude Jungfraujoch and go straight to Zermatt (plenty of viewing points there too) and do the Glacier Express tour as mentioned in the sample itineraries.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 December 2014 at 17:59:57 #841430

Hi arno.

I have checked sample itenary

1. I want to leave paris on 25 eve or 26 early morning. Kindly tell is there train from paris to lucerne. Or flight is best option.

2. 26 apr I will reach lucerne. Enjoy tht place.

next day I will leave for interlaken.2 days here. Are 2 days fine?. I.e 27 and 28 apr. Where to stay, means which location.

29 apr I am thinkin to go to zermatt.

30 early morning I will leave for barcelona.

is that planning fine? Kindly sugest.

I want to book hotels asap.

kindly tell which swiss pass includes all these train journeys and transport .pls suggest

Annika
    7116 posts
    28 December 2014 at 18:16:31 #841431

Hi nakul,

You will have limited time in each location (people spend 2 or 3 week holidays there), but this itinerary will allow you to see some of the most beautiful areas of Switzerland. Now just hope for good weather!

Suggested hotels, varying from budget to luxury, can be found here:

A Swiss Travel Pass or Swiss Travel Pass Flex includes all the train trips for free and discounts on mountain trips. These passes are new for 2015 and all resellers will offer them from the first or second week of January.

Paris to Lucerne is easily done by train. Take a train from Paris to Basel (seat reservations required). From Basel, your pass includes any train to Lucerne.

Kind regards,

Annika

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 December 2014 at 18:22:45 #841432

Hi annika.

thanks for such a quick reply.

Arno told that cable cars are at halt this time. Can you tell does my itinerary includes those places?

moreover, is it worth to spend 1 day in zermatt? Or better to leave barcelona..and spend extra day there?

any suggestions from your side. I have just 3 or 4 days to visit Switzerland. I just want to njoy the place. What area to cut or what to include?

Annika
    7116 posts
    29 December 2014 at 18:22:45 #841433

Hi nakul,

There will be cable cars/cogwheel trains operational near all the towns you selected, and also some that are closed. Links to timetables are available on all our attraction pages, and there’s also the nation wide timetable you can check. Zermatt is definitely worth it for one full day, but you do need good weather. If there’s rain or low clouds, there’s not much to see. That goes for all mountain trips. If you want to see a lot in limited time, your plan is fine. If you don’t want to take the risk with the weather, then just stay in Lucerne, as there are plenty of bad weather options there too.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 January 2015 at 17:10:26 #841434

Hi Arno and Annika,I will be booking early morning train from paris to lucrene.

1. Since i will be taking Swiss pass(pls suggest which pass to opt for), the journey from basel onwards will be covered in pass. But while booking from paris to lucrene, how to reserve my seat for the entire journey as when source is selected as paris and destination as lucrene, it will how the total amount.how to book this journey with swiss pass?

2. 26 april afternoon around 1400 hrs we will be reaching lucrene. we are thinking to visit transport museum and local sightseeing on this day. 27th early morning, we will do mount rigi.after coming back from rigi, we will checkout from hotel and leave for interlaken. i hope around afternoon we will be in interlaken.now i am left with 27th half day and 28th and 29th full day. 30th morning 0625 hrs i have a flight from geneva airport.

kindly suggest for these last two and a half days? and query for point 1.thanks in advance.

Arno
    15483 posts
    3 January 2015 at 15:54:13 #841435

Hi nakul,

You just need a ticket (which includes a seat reservation) from Paris to Basel. In Basel, you get off the train and take any Swiss train to Lucerne. Swiss trains do not require advanced booking; you can simply board with your Swiss Travel Pass. A 4-day Swiss Travel Pass (April 26 to 29) suits your needs as you don’t need a pass on the 30th. A transfer from your hotel in Geneva to the airport is free anyway. See here for hotels and more information.

Since you live in India you can obtain the ticket to Basel and the pass here (please note, the site is now in maintenance but will be up in a few days):

Further suggestions for what to do can be found on any of our regional or town pages, e.g. Lake Geneva, Interlaken, etc.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 January 2015 at 18:17:10 #841436

Hi arno.

thanks for the advice.

I didnt get your point that “transfer from the hotel in geneva to the airport is free anyway.”

Since I will be taking 4 day swiss travel pass I.e 26 27 28 29 april.and I hv to move on 30th morning to geneva airport.

how this will be free?

Arno
    15483 posts
    4 January 2015 at 8:39:36 #841437

Hi nakul,

The hotel page I referred to explains it all.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 January 2015 at 11:34:47 #841438

Hi Arno and Annika,

Sorry for troubling you again.

I have finalized my plan :

In first 2 days:

1.Visit to mount Rigi(Free with Swiss travel pass)

2.Vist to Swiss transport museum

3. Local Sightseeing in Lucerne/Zurich

Can you pls advice, where to take our hotel, In Zurich or Lucerne for these 2 days. Your help is really required in this case. i am thinking that during Mt Rigi, i can have a little sight seeing of lucerne, rest if i stay in zurich then in evening walk a little in zurich. is it fine? or its better to stay there in lucerne. do mt rigi and transport museum from there and njoy in lucerne itself.

Last two days, i am still unsure.

1. Stay in interlaken or geneva?

jungfrau is not sure coz it depends on weather as you told. If i dont plan for jungfrau, then which is better ? geneva or interlaken?

pls suggest.

Annika
    7116 posts
    9 January 2015 at 20:42:15 #841439

Hi nakul!

Since you want to visit the Transportation Museum and Rigi, it makes more sense to take Lucerne as your base town. From there, you can take your time to visit both sites and explore Lucerne’s town centre. Lucerne also is closer to Interlaken than Zurich is, so in terms of your next transfer it’s easier as well.

The Interlaken region has much more to offer than just the Jungfraujoch. If weather isn’t that good, you could explore a nearby city like Thun or Bern (or even Zurich if you’d really want to) or make a scenic train journey, e.g. a leg of the Golden Pass route. Geneva is way down in the south and requires a longer journey from Zurich/Lucerne. Moreover, it’s not close to the mountains. If visiting the mountains is your main goal, I think you should stick with Interlaken.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 January 2015 at 3:06:56 #841440

Hi arno

Thanks for a quck reply.

I have booked the hotel in luzern for 2 days as u suggested.

I was thinking to choose geneva side coz I have a early morning flight from geneva airport.

I have almost finalized to chose montreux as my base after luzern.

I will stay there for 1.5 days and will catch the last train at 2300 hrs to geneva airport as morning 0600 hrs I have a flight from there.

do u think montreux is fine or I should reconsider it n chose interlaken..pls suggest?

Arno
    15483 posts
    10 January 2015 at 7:30:03 #841441

Hi nakul,

If you depart from Geneva airport then Montreux is a good alternative. Nicer to stay there than in Geneva itself I would say.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 January 2015 at 1:14:30 #841442

But a shame to miss out on the Jungrau region for Montreux – is there much there, I admit I don’t know it well – IMHO. If it’s the lake (lake Geneva) you want, you might be able to incorporate it into your return journey to Geneva although that probably wouldn’t work if travelling later in the day after dark.

• The thread ‘SWITZERLAND IN 3 DAYS’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.