Lucerne, Interlaken and Zurich in 4 days?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 June 2017 at 8:27:27 #812164

Hi, I would be travelling to Switzerland from Paris via train on 7th July 2017 and would be heading back on 11 July 2017 from Zurich Airport.Would like to viait luceren,Interlaken and Zurich is it possible ?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 June 2017 at 19:59:07 #864692

Hi Riyaa and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Yes, you certainly have enough time to visit Interlaken, Zurich and Lucerne. Do you know what you want to do in these towns? That will tell you how much time you should stay at each location.

Click the links above to read about each town and what there is to do there (and where to stay overnight).

Also, look here for train schedules to help you plan your trips and click here to read about different rail passes that you might want to buy for travel here.

Let us know if you have further questions about your trip.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 June 2017 at 6:24:34 #864693

Hi Lucas , thanx for the prompt reply.I was confused in selecting my travelling base city.should I stay in three different hotels or it can be covered from the same place

Arno
    15484 posts
    8 June 2017 at 7:58:30 #864694

Hi Riyaa,

You can certainly visit these 3 towns in 4 days, but to actually see each region you would need multiple days, or even weeks per town. The links Lucas gave you provide a lot of tips regarding activities. Personally I would skip Zurich with only 4 days and focus on the Lucerne and Interlaken areas only. Or even one of these areas.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 June 2017 at 10:08:47 #864695

Hello Arno, thanx for the help. But I would like to know that I should stay in Lucerne during entire stay and cover 3 cities or in eac city each day at a different hotel

Arno
    15484 posts
    8 June 2017 at 20:18:43 #864696

Hi Riyaa,

My preference would be to stay in one place. Moving to a different town and hotel every day takes a lot of time, so there’s not much left for actual sightseeing. There is plenty to see just around Lucerne for weeks, so you won’t run out of options.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 June 2017 at 15:07:44 #864697

Hi Arno,

Many thanks, there is a change in schedule and would seek your valuable inputs. We would be reaching Lucerne on July 7 and are planning to visit Titlis, Junfrajouch and Rigi over three nights starting from July 7 to July 9. We shall reach Zurich on July 10 and we have a flight back on July 11. We have a couple of questions and would really appreciate your inputs on them

1. Is it possible to cover all three within the above time frame?

2. Where should be our base be, Lucerne or any other place midway?

3. Should we opt for Swiss travel pass or any other kind of pass?

Thanks

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 June 2017 at 5:02:38 #864698

Hi Riyaa,

1. Yes, you can visit Mt. Titlis and Mt. Rigi in a 1.2 day each – Jungfraujoch is a full day
    2. Yes it is probably your best option – though Jungfraujoch will be a very long day (the other two mountains are quite simple from Luzern).
    3. Yes, the Swiss Travel Pass would be your best option for this itinerary – you can buy it online here to print at home.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 June 2017 at 16:35:29 #864699

Hi Guys,

Would appreciate your help in finding a good accommodation in or around Lucerne or perhaps between Interlaken and Lucerne. Since our travel dates are closer (July 7 to July 11) therefore we are not finding a decent place to stay. Can you guys help us with few budget suggestions on these dates.

Thanks

Arno
    15484 posts
    22 June 2017 at 17:34:54 #864700

Hi Riyaa,

You’d best post that question to the Accommodation forum as explained here: myswissalps.com/forum/ topic/how-to-get-help-finding-accommodation. Thanks!

• The thread ‘Lucerne, Interlaken and Zurich in 4 days?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.