Switzerland in December

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 September 2010 at 17:17:24 #803991

Hi everyone. Further to my previous post – we made our minds up and have booked a hotel room and flights for early December. I then turned my attention to doing the maths to work out which rail pass would be most cost effective (for a short stay decided on half fare card. But while doing the research I discovered that as we have booked a Best Western Hotel we may be entitled to a discount with a rail card. How do we claim a discount as I have already made the reservation? Is it too late or can we show the card at the hotel when we arrive and ask for a discount then? Also does anyone know if there is a bus from the railway station to the Best Western Hotel in Biel? Thanks Maggie

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    5 September 2010 at 4:48:59 #831784

Hi Maggie. As for the 10% discount on a Best Western Hotel in Biel with your Swiss Half Fare Card: I’m not sure how this works if you already made your booking. If you haven’t paid in advance yet, but plan on paying at the spot, I assume it’s enough to show your Swiss Half Fare Card then in order to get the discount. It would be best though to contact the hotel by e-mail or phone (they’ll speak English) to make sure.

Yes, there’s a bus leaving from the railway station of Biel to your hotel. You should get on board of the bus in the direction of Nidau. The trip will take about 10 minutes. You can plan your trip in detail with the Swiss timetable, by filling out the address of your hotel (Aarbergstrasse 29, Biel) as your destination.

I hope this helps!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 September 2010 at 10:46:03 #831785

Thanks again, Annika, for your advice. I have sent an email to the hotel and will let you know their reply in case it helps other forum users. Maggie

• The thread ‘Switzerland in December’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.