Switzerland trip for 6 nights from 27th May

Switzerland trip for 6 nights from 27th May

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
prajasena1
prajasena1
1 post
Feb 6, 2016 - 2:17 PM

Hi,

We are visiting Switzerland for the first time along with my husband and 10 year old son. We reach Zurich on 27th May by 4 PM and our return flight from Zurich at 16:35 . Our friend family lives in Zurich, so we will stay there that night. We have option to stay in our friends house and travel everyday to tourist places. As of now we have planned to visit Mt Titlis and Jungfrau. Could you please suggest what else we can visit? I can see Jungfrau is bit far from Zurich so we can stay there for 2 nights and see any other places? Or do you think can we visit places as Zurich our base camp? My son is manual wheel chair user and dont like to spend all 5 days for sight seeing and he want some active sports. Could you please suggest suitable places and activities for him?

Many Thanks

Uma

Annika
Annika
4417 posts
expert &
Feb 7, 2016 - 1:49 PM

Hi Uma,

Thanks for your post and welcome to MySwissAlps! There's a lot to see in and around Zurich, but it's not in the mountains. So many beautiful places are far away. Jungfraujoch is one of them. It can be done as a day trip, but it will be a very long day. In such a case a guided tour (like this Viator tour) could make it a little easier. But it's better to stay closer to the mountains.

Mount Titlis is doable from Zurich. Perhaps you can stay a few nights in Zurich to explore Zurich, Lucerne and Mount Titlis, and a few nights in the Jungfrau region.

What kind of sport do you have in mind for your son? Some of the hiking trails are accessible for wheel chairs: e.g. Grütschalp to Mürren, and I expect Lauterbrunnen to Stechelberg to be fine as well.

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
2652 posts
expert
Feb 8, 2016 - 2:27 AM in reply to prajasena1

Hi Uma-

<<"We reach Zurich on 27th May by 4 PM and our return flight from Zurich at 16:35 .">>

That seems like a short trip...35 minutes?.

Just joking. When to you leave? June 2?

Slowpoke

Last modified on Feb 8, 2016 - 2:28 AM by Slowpoke

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016