Switzerland trip for 6 nights from 27th May

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 February 2016 at 14:17:35 #808378

Hi,

We are visiting Switzerland for the first time along with my husband and 10 year old son. We reach Zurich on 27th May by 4 PM and our return flight from Zurich at 16:35 . Our friend family lives in Zurich, so we will stay there that night. We have option to stay in our friends house and travel everyday to tourist places. As of now we have planned to visit Mt Titlis and Jungfrau. Could you please suggest what else we can visit? I can see Jungfrau is bit far from Zurich so we can stay there for 2 nights and see any other places? Or do you think can we visit places as Zurich our base camp? My son is manual wheel chair user and dont like to spend all 5 days for sight seeing and he want some active sports. Could you please suggest suitable places and activities for him?

Many Thanks

Uma

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    7 February 2016 at 13:49:17 #848219

Hi Uma,

Thanks for your post and welcome to MySwissAlps! There’s a lot to see in and around Zurich, but it’s not in the mountains. So many beautiful places are far away. Jungfraujoch is one of them. It can be done as a day trip, but it will be a very long day. In such a case a guided tour (like this Viator tour) could make it a little easier. But it’s better to stay closer to the mountains.

Mount Titlis is doable from Zurich. Perhaps you can stay a few nights in Zurich to explore Zurich, Lucerne and Mount Titlis, and a few nights in the Jungfrau region.

What kind of sport do you have in mind for your son? Some of the hiking trails are accessible for wheel chairs: e.g. Grütschalp to Mürren, and I expect Lauterbrunnen to Stechelberg to be fine as well.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    8 February 2016 at 2:27:07 #848220

Hi Uma-

<<“We reach Zurich on 27th May by 4 PM and our return flight from Zurich at 16:35 .”>>

That seems like a short trip…35 minutes?.

Just joking. When to you leave? June 2?

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Switzerland trip for 6 nights from 27th May’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.