Switzerland trip in 3 and a half days

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 April 2012 at 10:56:56 #805233

Hi Team,

I am travelling with my husband to Switzerland in May end 2012 and we are planning to take the 4 day Swiss Saver pass (2 for 1). We have only 3 and a half days and would like to make the most of it using the pass.

Please find below our itinerary in Switzerland.

1. We would reach Bern on May 29, 2012 around 6:30 am.
    Bern to Interlaken: Is this route covered in the Swiss pass?

2. We would go to Interlaken west where we would be staying for 2 nights.
    May 29 – 11:00 am onwards : Please suggest nearby places that can be covered this day using the pass.
    Can we go to Zermatt and come back to Interlaken?

May 31 – full day: We plan to go to Jungfraujoch (How long does this trip take and what is the cost per person including Swiss pass 25% discount) (Also, can we cover some other place along with this)

3. Then, move on to Lucerne from Interlaken on May 31st morning.
    Please suggest suitable places in Lucerne (within 8-10 hours) and mode of transport (preferably covered in Swiss pass).

4. Lucerne to Zurich (around 10:00 pm on May 31st)
    Lucerne to Zurich: Is this covered in the Swiss pass?

5. We spend a day in Zurich (June 1st).
    > Would the Swiss pass be valid? If not, what is the best way to travel in Zurich?
    > Please suggest places in Zurich to cover (would Rhine falls be good?)

Any museums which we can cover in Interlaken, Lucerne or Zurich.

Thanks a lot in advance !!

Warm regards,
    Anu

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    2 April 2012 at 14:51:03 #835989

Hi Anu, and welcome to MySwissAlps,

I’m going to list some links that will help you to plan your trip:

Please also use the search box in the upper right corner of this website to find lots of other information.

I hope this gets you going!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 May 2012 at 14:22:48 #835990

Hi Team,

We have got our Schengen visa and our Swiss trip stays as planned. We have purchased the Swiss Pass 2-for-1. We would be present in Switzerland from May 29th to June 1st and I am aware that the pass is valid till May 31st.

I had a couple of questions with respect to the trip.

1. We would be based out of Interlaken West for 2 days – May 29 and 30. Can we take a boat trip on Lake Thun or Lake Brienz with the help of the Swiss Pass?
    2. We are planning to take the Jungfrau trip on May 30 morning. Can we cover St Beatus Caves, Schynige Platte and Jungfrau through the same booking?
    Any must see places for the remaining 1.5 days at Interlaken?
    3. May 31st – we would travel to Lucerne in the morning. Any must see places/ recommendations in Lucerne?

I have gone through many links and am a little confused in terms of which places to cover.

I would really appreciate if you could suggest a few places around Interlaken adnd Lucerns which can be covered through the Swiss Pass.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Warm regards,
    Anu

Annika
    7121 posts
    13 May 2012 at 6:01:09 #835991

Hello Anu!

1. Yes, that’s possible. Boat rides are for free with your Swiss Pass. Please download the validity map from the Swiss Pass page for an exact overview of the covered routes.
    2. You don’t have to book tickets in advance, and as far as I know there’s no combination ticket for the trips you mention. Just buy your tickets at the (valley) station of each trip upon showing your Swiss Pass. You’ve already selected some great day trips for a 2 day stay. If you’re looking for more ideas: they can be found in the Bernese Oberland day trip overview.
    3. There’s a lot to see in and near Lucerne. Consider a boat trip over the lake, a visit to Pilatus, strolling along the lakeside and the town centre, a visit to the Traffic museum, and so on. You’ll find lots of ideas by browsing this forum too.

Have fun preparing for your stay!

• The thread ‘Switzerland trip in 3 and a half days’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.