Geneva to Zurich 11 days by car – itinerary help

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 April 2017 at 11:58:11 #811520

Good Day Everyone,

I am planning to Visit Switzerland in September. It is my first time there and I would like to get your recommendations on my plan regarding the transportation and places to visit.

I will be visiting Paris, Switzerland and Milan on sequence. From Paris I will take the flight to Geneva Airport. I am planning to rent a car from there for the whole trip. The trip schedule will be:

– 3 Nights in Annecy (To Cover Geneva Lake Area, Visit Chamonix,Mont Blank and other areas like Lausanne, Vevey & Montreux)

– 4 Nights in Lauterbrunnen (To Cover Interlaken, Grindelwald, Wengen, Murren, Lake Brienz & Lake Thun, Blausee, Lungern and may be the city of Bern)

– 3 Nights in Engelberg or Zurich depending on hotel prices (To Cover Engelberg, Lucerne and Zurich)

– 1 Night in Lugano (To cover Lugano lake and rest before heading to Milan)

My last destination would be Lugano in order to return the car there and then take the train to Milan.

I am really looking forward to cover most of the areas. It would be very helpful for me to know if am staying enough period in each area. I think 11 Nights is sufficient time to cover Switzerland and enjoy it.

Also, I am not that sure about the weather condition at the first two weeks of September if it is usually good in these places. In addition to this I would really appreciate getting an idea about some prices like Gasoline (Or Diesel, if Diesel cars are used in Switzerland) and Popular Teleferiks (or Cable Cars) prices in main attractions.

I look forward to see your valuable comments.

Regards,

Ahmed

• The thread ‘Geneva to Zurich 11 days by car – itinerary help’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.