Taking a baby car seat on Glacier Express

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 July 2015 at 17:36:36 #807567

We are traveling to Switzerland with a 10-month old baby and were interested in taking the Glacier Express from Zermatt to St. Moritz. Considering this is almost an 8-hour journey we were planning on booking a seat for the baby and taking the baby car seat on the train. Has anyone ever done this? Can a baby car seat such as this one: tinyurl.com/ptfzcyt be carried on the Glacier Express?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    17 July 2015 at 13:57:38 #844528

Hi sue37,

Although I have no experience with this myself, people do use the Glacier Express with small children and a seat like the one in your link is a common way to travel. I’m not sure if you need to bring the base too, or just the seat. It’s fine as long as you can place it on a train seat in such a way that it’s stable. I do not expect any problems.

You indeed need to book a seat for the baby as well.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 July 2015 at 16:58:27 #844529

Thanks for the reply Arno! We are not carrying the base with us. It will be just the seat. We will be booking a seat for the baby as well as it is a long train ride.

• The thread ‘Taking a baby car seat on Glacier Express’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.