Tell Pass Oct 2015 - Dates issue on website

Tell Pass Oct 2015 - Dates issue on website

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
vgrover83
vgrover83
6 posts
Sep 21, 2015 - 8:57 PM

HiI am traveling to Switzerland lake Lucerne region during Oct and plan to avail a 5 day Tell Pass.Dates: 22nd Oct - 26 Oct.Issue: When I go to the website to book my tickets, despite selecting a 5 day tell pass option, the website only shows 4 days validity - which appears to be an issue.

Website Message: This pass is valid from Thursday, 22 October 2015 to Sunday, 25 October 2015. I have already raised email questions on the website - no response. Any suggestions ? ( as I would like to pre-book and print @home)www.tellpass.ch/en/sum mer/ticketshop/

https:/ /freizeit.sbb.ch/cart/ reservation/0

Last modified on Sep 21, 2015 - 8:59 PM by vgrover83
Arno
Arno
7696 posts
expert &
Sep 22, 2015 - 5:53 AM

Hi vgrover83,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! I don't know what's wrong with the site you mentioned. I also tried a 10-day pass and those dates are wrong too. You might receive a correct pass if this is just a displaying problem, but I'm not sure.

The points of sale we recommend are listed on the Tell-Pass page. In your case you can buy it through www.swissrailways.com/ en/products/ regionalcentralswisspa ss.

Last modified on Sep 22, 2015 - 5:54 AM by Arno
vgrover83
vgrover83
6 posts
Sep 22, 2015 - 7:45 AM in reply to Arno

Hi

Thanks a lot for the quick reply -> Do we know if anything is planned in Lucerne region on 25th or 26th Oct which may mean no services /no pass validity on that day ?

I was keen on doing at Print@Home to avoid any last minute hassle, but I guess with this dates display issue on website it is better to wait.

regards

Vishal

Arno
Arno
7696 posts
expert &
Sep 22, 2015 - 7:52 AM

Hi Vishal,

I'm not sure what you mean by your first question. As for the pass: you can buy it through the link I gave you. There are no date issues on that site.

vgrover83
vgrover83
6 posts
Sep 22, 2015 - 1:10 PM in reply to vgrover83

Hi

I tried this link but this does not have an Print@Home or E-Pass option. I could only see the following options while trying to purchase:

www.swissrailways.com/ en/products/ regionalcentralswisspa ss

Types of delivery

— TNT Express (Shipments cannot be delivered to PO boxes)— Regular registered mail— Swiss Express - please allow up to 2 days— airport_description

Let me know if I am missing something.

If not, then are you aware of any sites/retailers offering the Print@Home or e-Pass option ? Please advise.

Thanks

Vishal

Arno
Arno
7696 posts
expert &
Sep 22, 2015 - 1:17 PM

Hi Vishal,

That's correct, the print at home option is not available yet for this pass. It will be shipped to your home address, or you can collect it from a Swiss airport. Also you can have it shipped to your hotel in Switzerland. That's the cheapest option.

vgrover83
vgrover83
6 posts
Sep 24, 2015 - 2:51 PM in reply to Arno

Hi Arno

Thanks a lot for your quick feedback. Much appreciated. I will go ahead and order it from the website so that these are shipped.

Just need one more suggestion: based on your past experience do you expect any promotions to come for Tell Pass for Oct in the coming weeks ? (as we see many promotions for Swiss Pass)

Have a good day.

regards

Vishal

Arno
Arno
7696 posts
expert &
Sep 24, 2015 - 3:00 PM in reply to vgrover83

Hi Vishal,

I do expect a promo for next Winter, like the one of last year (see here), but not for the coming weeks. I could be wrong, but I don't expect it.

vgrover83
vgrover83
6 posts
Sep 24, 2015 - 3:02 PM in reply to Arno

Thanks Arno for your prompt feedback.

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016