Tell Pass Oct 2015 – Dates issue on website

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 September 2015 at 20:57:41 #807981

HiI am traveling to Switzerland lake Lucerne region during Oct and plan to avail a 5 day Tell Pass.Dates: 22nd Oct – 26 Oct.Issue: When I go to the website to book my tickets, despite selecting a 5 day tell pass option, the website only shows 4 days validity – which appears to be an issue.

Website Message: This pass is valid from Thursday, 22 October 2015 to Sunday, 25 October 2015. I have already raised email questions on the website – no response. Any suggestions ? ( as I would like to pre-book and print @home)http://www.tellpass.ch/en/sum mer/ticketshop/

https:/ /freizeit.sbb.ch/cart/ reservation/0

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    22 September 2015 at 5:53:28 #846257

Hi vgrover83,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! I don’t know what’s wrong with the site you mentioned. I also tried a 10-day pass and those dates are wrong too. You might receive a correct pass if this is just a displaying problem, but I’m not sure.

The points of sale we recommend are listed on the Tell-Pass page. In your case you can buy it through http://www.swissrailways.com/ en/products/ regionalcentralswisspa ss.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 September 2015 at 7:45:51 #846258

Hi

Thanks a lot for the quick reply -> Do we know if anything is planned in Lucerne region on 25th or 26th Oct which may mean no services /no pass validity on that day ?

I was keen on doing at Print@Home to avoid any last minute hassle, but I guess with this dates display issue on website it is better to wait.

regards

Vishal

Arno
    15483 posts
    22 September 2015 at 7:52:20 #846259

Hi Vishal,

I’m not sure what you mean by your first question. As for the pass: you can buy it through the link I gave you. There are no date issues on that site.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 September 2015 at 13:10:11 #846260

Hi

I tried this link but this does not have an Print@Home or E-Pass option. I could only see the following options while trying to purchase:

http://www.swissrailways.com/ en/products/ regionalcentralswisspa ss

Types of delivery

— TNT Express (Shipments cannot be delivered to PO boxes)— Regular registered mail— Swiss Express – please allow up to 2 days— airport_description

Let me know if I am missing something.

If not, then are you aware of any sites/retailers offering the Print@Home or e-Pass option ? Please advise.

Thanks

Vishal

Arno
    15483 posts
    22 September 2015 at 13:17:49 #846261

Hi Vishal,

That’s correct, the print at home option is not available yet for this pass. It will be shipped to your home address, or you can collect it from a Swiss airport. Also you can have it shipped to your hotel in Switzerland. That’s the cheapest option.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 September 2015 at 14:51:30 #846262

Hi Arno

Thanks a lot for your quick feedback. Much appreciated. I will go ahead and order it from the website so that these are shipped.

Just need one more suggestion: based on your past experience do you expect any promotions to come for Tell Pass for Oct in the coming weeks ? (as we see many promotions for Swiss Pass)

Have a good day.

regards

Vishal

Arno
    15483 posts
    24 September 2015 at 15:00:00 #846263

Hi Vishal,

I do expect a promo for next Winter, like the one of last year (see here), but not for the coming weeks. I could be wrong, but I don’t expect it.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 September 2015 at 15:02:44 #846264

Thanks Arno for your prompt feedback.

• The thread ‘Tell Pass Oct 2015 – Dates issue on website’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.