Tell Pass travel validity to Interlaken?

Tell Pass travel validity to Interlaken?

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
aminaa
aminaa
2 posts
May 16, 2016 - 7:44 PM

Hi guys,

I am planning a trip to Lucerne from Zurich intending to stay in Lucerne for two nights. I was a bit lost in regards to the validity when I was finalising my purchase of the tell passes.

It said one day towards journey and the one day for return journey. I am buying a three day pass. My plan is to travel from Zurich to Lucerne and on the third day go to Interlaken. As I am buying a three day pass, can my end journey be to Interlaken?

Thanks,

Ams

Arno
Arno
7718 posts
expert &
May 17, 2016 - 6:32 AM

Hi Ams, welcome to the MySwissAlps website!

I am not sure what "one day towards journey and the one day for return journey" means. That sounds like information regarding a different type of rail pass. A 3-day Tell-Pass simply allows unlimited traveling on all covered routes (see the map). That includes Interlaken. There are no other restrictions. As you can see on the map the route from Baar to Lucerne is included as well, so you only need to buy a ticket from Zurich to Baar once you're in Zurich.

As you live in the UK you can go to www.swisstravelsystem. co.uk /en/products/ regionalcentralswisspa ss to order the Tell-Pass. It will be delivered for free in 5-6 days. Other options are listed here.

Enjoy your stay!

aminaa
aminaa
2 posts
May 17, 2016 - 6:22 PM in reply to Arno

Hi Arno,

Thank you for the welcome note and the information you have provided. I was confused as I was booking from the tell pass official website but I was adding train tickets from Zurich and it seems that is why the message appeared.

I will use the link that you have provided and will also get half fare pass which I use to get a get a ticket from Zurich to Baar/ Zug.

Cheers!

Arno
Arno
7718 posts
expert &
May 18, 2016 - 6:37 AM in reply to aminaa

Hi Ams,

Good to hear it's all clear now. The site I referred to also sells the Swiss Half Fare Card by the way.

Have a good trip!

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016