Tell Pass travel validity to Interlaken?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 May 2016 at 19:44:51 #809217

Hi guys,

I am planning a trip to Lucerne from Zurich intending to stay in Lucerne for two nights. I was a bit lost in regards to the validity when I was finalising my purchase of the tell passes.

It said one day towards journey and the one day for return journey. I am buying a three day pass. My plan is to travel from Zurich to Lucerne and on the third day go to Interlaken. As I am buying a three day pass, can my end journey be to Interlaken?

Thanks,

Ams

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    17 May 2016 at 6:32:37 #852117

Hi Ams, welcome to the MySwissAlps website!

I am not sure what “one day towards journey and the one day for return journey” means. That sounds like information regarding a different type of rail pass. A 3-day Tell-Pass simply allows unlimited traveling on all covered routes (see the map). That includes Interlaken. There are no other restrictions. As you can see on the map the route from Baar to Lucerne is included as well, so you only need to buy a ticket from Zurich to Baar once you’re in Zurich.

As you live in the UK you can go to http://www.swisstravelsystem. co.uk /en/products/ regionalcentralswisspa ss to order the Tell-Pass. It will be delivered for free in 5-6 days. Other options are listed here.

Enjoy your stay!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 May 2016 at 18:22:11 #852118

Hi Arno,

Thank you for the welcome note and the information you have provided. I was confused as I was booking from the tell pass official website but I was adding train tickets from Zurich and it seems that is why the message appeared.

I will use the link that you have provided and will also get half fare pass which I use to get a get a ticket from Zurich to Baar/ Zug.

Cheers!

Arno
    15471 posts
    18 May 2016 at 6:37:31 #852119

Hi Ams,

Good to hear it’s all clear now. The site I referred to also sells the Swiss Half Fare Card by the way.

Have a good trip!

• The thread ‘Tell Pass travel validity to Interlaken?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.