The Zurich Card

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 June 2015 at 10:04:36 #807377

Hi! I’m just wondering if anyone can give some advice on the Zurich card? We will only be using it for 2 days to travel between our hotel near the airport and the main train station return each day. Would it be cheaper to just buy a ticket for the zones we are travelling in each day?

Thankyou for your help Sarah

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    10 June 2015 at 15:06:14 #843746

Hi Sarah,

A day ticket for zone 110 and 121 is sufficient in your case. It costs CHF 8.60 per person. A ZurichCARD costs CHF 48 per person for 3 days, and only pays off if you also use it for museums. Links to all the details can be found on myswissalps.com/ zurich/travel.

Enjoy your stay!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 June 2015 at 22:41:13 #843747

Hi Arno,

Thank you for your reply! I’m not sure how many museums we will fit in as we have a tour for Jungfrau booked for the second day of our stay. I’m very excited about visiting Switzerland and can’t wait to explore Zurich!

Sarah

Arno
    15484 posts
    11 June 2015 at 6:33:45 #843748

Hi Sarah,

You can buy a 24 hour ZurichCARD (CHF 24) for day one and a regular ZVV ticket for day two to reach the departure location of your tour.

Have a wonderful time!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 June 2015 at 14:04:14 #843749

That is a fantastic idea!! Thank you Arno! You are a wonderful help and this forum is just amazing for travellers with no idea how to navigate things in a foreign country.

Thankyou again!!

• The thread ‘The Zurich Card’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.