Things open on Sundays in Berner Oberland?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 July 2014 at 4:44:14 #806480

Haven’t been to Switzerland in 20 yrs, so as I plan for 1st weekend there, I’d like to ask if stores still close on Sundays. If so, what Berner Oberland activities (and restaurants!) are available to do on Sundays? BTW, many thanks for this great site! It has helped me so much as I plan our trip!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

kim11
    Participant
    605 posts
    2 July 2014 at 3:18:21 #840367

You need to narrow down what you mean by “Berner Oberland” for a good response. Where exactly will you be?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 July 2014 at 5:17:59 #840368

We’re staying in Interlaken because of travel connections. Had considered several possibilities. (1) Traveling on 1 side of valley, Lauterbrunnen, Grutschalp, Muerren, (possibly Allmenhubel or Schilthorn), Gimmelwald, Stechelberg, Trummelbach Falls. (2) Lauterbrunnen, Wengen, Mannlichen, Grindelwald, (maybe Pfingstegg or KleinScheidegg, Jungfrau) (3) Brienz, Brienzer Rothorn, Meiringen, Aareschlucht, Lake Brienz cruise. (4) Ballenberg museum. We are older and don’t hike, but would like to get as many beautiful mountain views as possible.

Arno
    15484 posts
    4 July 2014 at 6:16:36 #840369

Hi tomtomsmom,

The regular supermarkets are closed on Sundays, but many larger places have small supermarkets that are open, either at the rail station or in the town center. In Interlaken it’s the COOP Pronto at the Höheweg. Tourist shops will be open too, or at least part of the day. Tourist attractions like cable cars, boats and museums do business as usual. For specific opening hours you can check the website of the attraction, and the timetable for any mode of transport.

• The thread ‘Things open on Sundays in Berner Oberland?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.