This is my first time to switzerland, please help

This is my first time to switzerland, please help

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Aug 18, 2011 - 3:13 AM
hello! this is my trip schedule
day 1 geneva airport - lausanne - motreux - vevey - lausanne
day 2 lausanne - luzern
day 3 luzern - interlaken ost - jungfraujoch - interlaken ost
day 4 interlaken ost - grindelwald - first - grindelwald - lauterbrunnen - wengen
day 5 wengen - geneva airport
can you suggest me to buy swiss flexi pass (4 or 5 days?) or swiss half fare card?
also,which kind of ticket is suitable for us to Jungfrajouch, good morning ticket? good afternoon ticket or full fare train ticket or 50% discount train ticket?
Annika
Annika
4417 posts
expert &
Aug 19, 2011 - 5:42 AM
Hello macpycandy, and welcome to the forum. Could you first tell me your country of residence? That's important in deciding which rail pass is most economical, due to different resellers and exchange rates.
Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Aug 19, 2011 - 6:00 AM
we are 2 peoples and come from hong kong, thanks
Annika
Annika
4417 posts
expert &
Aug 19, 2011 - 9:37 AM
Hello macpycandy. In that case, there's hardly any price difference between a 3 day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass (which would suit your plans better than a 4 or 5 day Flexi Pass) and a Swiss Half Fare Card. This is based on the total price for your itinerary, including the purchase price of the passes, discounts, and so on.

If I were you, I'd opt for the 3 day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass and use free travel days on day 1, day 2 and day 5. The advantage over a Swiss Half Fare Card is that you can travel for free wherever you want on those days, so you're more flexible with this pass. Moreover, public transport in cities such as Geneva, Lausanne, Montreux and Lausanne is for free on these free travel days too, whereas the Swiss Half Fare Card only offers discounts for urban trips.

I hope this helps you decide.
Last modified on Dec 28, 2014 - 4:34 PM by Arno
Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Aug 19, 2011 - 11:06 AM
Annika,
what about on day 3 and day 4?
can you tell me the exact calculation so we know the total cost ?
Annika
Annika
4417 posts
expert &
Aug 19, 2011 - 11:14 AM
You can get discounts on the regular prices on those days. Please see the map on the Swiss Flexi Pass page for details. Prices can be found through the timetable.
Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Aug 20, 2011 - 5:06 AM
Annika,

i have one more question want to know, i understand that i have to leave from Jungfraujoch before 1200 or 1230 if i buy a "good morning ticket" to Jungfraujoch. Please tell me that can the ticket allow us to stopover at wengen & Lauterbrunnen to stay for a while.

thank you for your help:-)
Annika
Annika
4417 posts
expert &
Aug 20, 2011 - 6:42 AM
Hello macpycandy. You shouldn't use a Good Morning ticket, as that's only meant for travelers without a rail pass. If you use your Swiss Saver Flexi Pass (or Swiss Half Fare Card), that will result in an even cheaper ticket than the Good Morning Ticket. So just purchase the Jungfraujoch tickets showing your pass, and you'll get the most economical rates. You're free to get out for stop overs as long as you like.
Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Aug 20, 2011 - 11:01 AM
thanks for your help. i am appreciate of your help.

Best Regards,

macpycandy

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016