• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 August 2011 at 1:13:21 #804621

hello! this is my trip schedule
    day 1 geneva airport – lausanne – motreux – vevey – lausanne
    day 2 lausanne – luzern
    day 3 luzern – interlaken ost – jungfraujoch – interlaken ost
    day 4 interlaken ost – grindelwald – first – grindelwald – lauterbrunnen – wengen
    day 5 wengen – geneva airport
    can you suggest me to buy swiss flexi pass (4 or 5 days?) or swiss half fare card?
    also,which kind of ticket is suitable for us to Jungfrajouch, good morning ticket? good afternoon ticket or full fare train ticket or 50% discount train ticket?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    19 August 2011 at 5:42:21 #833932

Hello macpycandy, and welcome to the forum. Could you first tell me your country of residence? That’s important in deciding which rail pass is most economical, due to different resellers and exchange rates.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 August 2011 at 6:00:06 #833933

we are 2 peoples and come from hong kong, thanks

Annika
    7104 posts
    19 August 2011 at 9:37:52 #833934

Hello macpycandy. In that case, there’s hardly any price difference between a 3 day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass (which would suit your plans better than a 4 or 5 day Flexi Pass) and a Swiss Half Fare Card. This is based on the total price for your itinerary, including the purchase price of the passes, discounts, and so on.

If I were you, I’d opt for the 3 day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass and use free travel days on day 1, day 2 and day 5. The advantage over a Swiss Half Fare Card is that you can travel for free wherever you want on those days, so you’re more flexible with this pass. Moreover, public transport in cities such as Geneva, Lausanne, Montreux and Lausanne is for free on these free travel days too, whereas the Swiss Half Fare Card only offers discounts for urban trips.

I hope this helps you decide.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 August 2011 at 11:06:39 #833935

Annika,
    what about on day 3 and day 4?
    can you tell me the exact calculation so we know the total cost ?

Annika
    7104 posts
    19 August 2011 at 11:14:54 #833936

You can get discounts on the regular prices on those days. Please see the map on the Swiss Flexi Pass page for details. Prices can be found through the timetable.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 August 2011 at 5:06:06 #833937

Annika,

i have one more question want to know, i understand that i have to leave from Jungfraujoch before 1200 or 1230 if i buy a “good morning ticket” to Jungfraujoch. Please tell me that can the ticket allow us to stopover at wengen & Lauterbrunnen to stay for a while.

thank you for your help:-)

Annika
    7104 posts
    20 August 2011 at 6:42:55 #833938

Hello macpycandy. You shouldn’t use a Good Morning ticket, as that’s only meant for travelers without a rail pass. If you use your Swiss Saver Flexi Pass (or Swiss Half Fare Card), that will result in an even cheaper ticket than the Good Morning Ticket. So just purchase the Jungfraujoch tickets showing your pass, and you’ll get the most economical rates. You’re free to get out for stop overs as long as you like.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 August 2011 at 11:01:34 #833939

thanks for your help. i am appreciate of your help.

Best Regards,

macpycandy

• The thread ‘This is my first time to switzerland, please help’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.