Three day trip to Lauterbrunnen, with Eurail

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 May 2016 at 11:43:22 #809078

Hello,

I am visiting Lauterbrunnen from Geneva for 3 days. I will travel from Geneva Thursday morning and will return on Sunday, therefore I have Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

Here is what I want to do:

Jungfraujoch or Schilthorn (plan on doing it by ear, when there’s sun outside)

Hike in the Lauterbrunnen Area Grütschalp – Mürren looks nice.

not sure about the 3rd day, maybe tour some of the villages, or maybe the waterfalls

I have a eurail pass, which gives me free until Interlaken Ost and 25% discount for the rest of the region.

Would it be worth it to get another pass like the Swiss pass or the Jungfrau region pass? I understand they give me free transport until the funiculars up to the peaks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7103 posts
    3 May 2016 at 8:11:48 #851498

Thanks for joining us, ananhossain!

The Eurail Passes indeed don’t provide great coverage for the Jungfrau region. A 3 day Jungfrau Travel Pass may be a good supplement in your case, if you plan to make extensive use of local public transport. Whether or not it’s worth its money depends on the total of your plans, including those for day 3. Details can make the difference. For example: the Schilthorn up from Mürren isn’t included in the Jungfrau Travel Pass, but the Jungfraujoch on the other hand will be much cheaper with a Jungfrau Travel Pass than with a Eurail Pass.

If you want to make sure, you can compare costs as explained here.

• The thread ‘Three day trip to Lauterbrunnen, with Eurail’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.