Ticket to buy for travelling around interlaken Ost

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 September 2015 at 1:50:36 #807884

Hi all,

Me and my wife are travelling to Switzerland mid September. We are staying for 3 nights/ 2.5 days. So far we have decided Jungfrau is a must go, and the rest of itinerary is blank. I have been looking at websites, I have to say they are are quite confusing most of the time. Can anyone please suggest which tickets for us to get so it is economical and also make our interlaken trip unforgettable? Thanks!

Regards,

Chee

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    6 September 2015 at 14:36:17 #845948

Welcome to MySwissAlps, Chee!

If you’re still unsure about the rest of your itinerary, its hard to pick a pass indeed. This depends on many factors, including your town of arrival and departure in/from Switzerland, the base town where you plan to stay, etcetera. This guide on how to choose the best pass may be of help. For now, I suggest you look into a 3 day Swiss Travel Pass, a Swiss Half Fare Card or a Jungfrau VIP Pass. The Jungfrau VIP Pass is meant for intensive traveling in the Jungfrau region only, but won’t cover an inbound/outbound trip.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 September 2015 at 14:59:31 #845949

Hi Annika,

Thanks for your reply! Our initial plan was to Junfrau VIP pass, so, 1. we could visit the main attraction we always wanted to go, which is the Jungfrau. 2. We are thinking of visiting the Piz Gloria too, but that is not included in the Jungfrau VIP pass, and it’s pretty expensive to go up there too. So there are considerations like these, if I am going to buy the Jungfrau VIP pass, what other places I should go for the rest of the unplanned time slots?

Regards

Chee

Arno
    15484 posts
    6 September 2015 at 15:09:46 #845950

Hi Chee,

Schynige Platte is wonderful and included in the VIP Pass. And there are lots of hikes in the area you could do: myswissalps.com/ jungfrauregion/ activities.

• The thread ‘Ticket to buy for travelling around interlaken Ost’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.