Ticket to Dijon with Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 September 2016 at 8:34:41 #810015

Hi I have taken Swiss Travel Pass and will need to travel to Dijon from Murren.

Where & how do I buy rail ticket for this journey so that I am given credit / discount for the Swiss Travel Pass?

On http://www.sbb.ch/ website, when I try, I don’t get any option to specify that I have Swiss Travel Pass ? I get option ‘Half Fare Travell card’, ‘Junior Card’ etc. but not for STP.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    1 September 2016 at 9:58:46 #855644

Hi JashFamily,

This has already been explained in your other thread: myswissalps.com/ forum/topic/ which-travel-pass. The SBB site is primarily geared to Swiss citizens. That’s why you don’t see the tourist passes listed there.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 September 2016 at 10:21:32 #855645

My apologies Arno if it was already answered ….

My question was more on – if I plan to take TGV from Bern to Dijon, STP should be valid till the swiss border town of Besal, but how & where this kind of booking/ ticketing can be done?

Arno
    15471 posts
    1 September 2016 at 10:28:12 #855646

Hi YashFamily,

The 9:10 AM train from Bern to Dijon also goes through Basel. So it works the same way: just buy a ticket from Basel to Dijon from any of the websites listed here. Your Swiss Travel Pass covers the first part of the trip.

Enjoy the ride!

• The thread ‘Ticket to Dijon with Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.