Tickets

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 June 2012 at 18:26:37 #805371

Do i need to purchase a swiss half fare card in the US before leaving for switzerland or can I purchase it upon arrival at the zurich airport station? Also, I am planning to purchase the Jungfrau Railways Pass at Interlaken – once I purchase this pass, will I need to obtain tickets before boarding the train on the free routes? Or just board the train with the pass?
    Also, any chance any train routes within Switzerland will sell out? or I can buy day of? Do i need to buy tickets to Jungfraujosh/Schilthorn in advance during the summer?
    Thanks!

Amy

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    17 June 2012 at 6:20:46 #836435

Hello Amy! Purchase options for the Swiss Half Fare Card are listed at the Swiss Half Fare Card page; just fill out your country of residence in the upper right corner. As for buying tickets: you can do so at the spot before boarding the train and there’s no need to book them in advance. Where the Jungfrau Railways Pass provides free traveling, you don’t need additional tickets; where discounts apply (e.g. up to the Jungfraujoch) you have to buy an additional discounted ticket. Have a great stay in Switzerland!

• The thread ‘Tickets’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.